Aug. 20: Summer II grades posted late in the day
Aug. 21: Fall semester
tuition and fees
day for special programs
Aug. 23-25: Students move into residence halls (see
Aug. 28: Fall semester classes begin
Sept. 2: Labor Day recess - no classes
Spring 2020 course offerings open for viewing
Sept 4: Last day to drop and add classes. Last day to receive 100% refund.
Sept. 6: $100 late add fee begins. Withdrawals recorded as "W" on transcript. Last day to receive 90% refund for complete withdrawal.
Part-time Job Fair
Sept. 11: Last day to receive 50% refund for partial withdrawal
Sept. 23: Last day to receive 50% refund for complete withdrawal
Oct. 16-18: Fall recess (residence halls open with reduced services)
Last day to receive 25% refund for complete withdrawal
Oct. 28: Last day to withdraw from classes
Nov. 27: Thanksgiving break begins at noon (residence halls open with reduced services)
Dec.1: Last day to apply for spring graduation
Dec. 14: Commencement
Dec. 17: Fall semester grades posted late in the day
Don't forget to purchase your 2019 Game Day T-Shirt.
A portion of each sale supports the Invisible Need Project Student Emergency Relief Fund. Shirts are available in the WMU Bookstore, at athletic events, and online.
First Year Student Move-In
Move-In Day Family Lounge - August 23 and 24
Please join us on your student's move-in day in the Family Hospitality Room, located in rooms 105-107 of the Bernhard Center. Family Engagement staff will be on hand
from 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. both days to answer your last-minute questions, and provide you with three easy (and free!) ways to support your student:
- Write a note of encouragement to your student that will be delivered a few weeks into the semester. Note cards will be provided.
- Bring a photo of your family pet (with your student's name and residence hall noted on the back). Each hall will be creating a pet wall to make the halls feel more like home and to encourage social connections.
- Pick up a special gift from us!
We hope you will take this moment to catch your breath, enjoy some refreshments, and possibly connect with other First Year Families!
Links to helpful information:
Reminders for New Students and Families
Remind your student that the required online modules must be completed by August 28. The modules are accessible through GoWMU.
Students should be checking their WMU email accounts regularly. Linking the WMU email address to a smart phone ensures that important information won't be overlooked. (And don't forget to download the WMU Mobile app!)
Parking Services will continue to enforce student lots through Friday, August 16th. A ticketing grace period will begin in student lots starting Monday, August 19th.
Ticketing in student lots will resume on Wednesday, September 4th. Employee lots and meters will still be enforced during this time frame.
Students residing in residence halls and other people residing in university housing during fall and/or spring semesters shall pay the on-campus resident rate.
Family Weekend and Homecoming 2019
of the weekend include the following events and SO much more...
Pre-game tailgate, featuring:
- Family Engagement tent with seating for WMU families and students to connect with each other
- Live entertainment including two bands, a special musical theatre performance, and the Bronco Marching Band
- Fun, interactive activities for the entire family, including a caricature artist, football toss, carnival rides, and Bronco putt putt golf
- WMU colleges and programs at Campus Alley, including flight simulators, concept vehicles, photo booths, and much more!
- Bronco-inspired brunch-style cocktails, house wines, and craft and domestic beers available for purchase in the Arbor Financial Beer Garden
Bronco Football vs. Miami University : Families get discounted tickets to the football game, we will notify everyone when these become available. We offer open seating in the student section so you can sit with your student. WMU students get into the game for free with their Bronco ID card.
Sunday Brunch in the Valley Dining Center. Brunch buffet with your student. WMU students can use a valid meal plan or dining dollars. Families can pre-order tickets - stay tuned for details!
The Family Engagement
will be updated as information becomes available.
Remember to make your
reservations! Local hotels are filling up fast.