WSFCCA is excited to welcome the Family Child Care Association of Pierce County as a new Chapter of WSFCCA. Pierce County is a dynamic association that supports their members through trainings, business advise and networking. Roberta Wright of Pierce County has been voted in as our new Vice President. Mary Curry, also of the Pierce Chapter, has been active with SEIU and Negotiated Rule Making, to name just a few, and now represents WSFCCA as our Public Policy chair. We are all looking forward to getting to know all of the Pierce Providers.
As the new Board Members met and discussed the priorities of WSFCCA, we all agreed that one of our main priorities is increasing membership. Voices of many CAN make a difference. Join us at our next state meeting in Renton, WA on April 28
. We appreciate everyone’s ideas on building membership. If you have any suggestions please send them to me.
WSFCCA has several benefits to joining:
- WSFCCA eases isolation of providers by providing networking opportunities with other providers at local chapters, quarterly state meetings and annual Early Learning Conferences.
- Supplemental Accidental Medical Insurance for children in provider care is available to all members at a very low cost of $50.00 per year. Read policy benefits here.
- Discounts on annual WSFCCA Early Learning Conferences.
- Public policy news information and updates
- Advocates working for provider rights, regulations and Negotiated Rule Making.
- Quarterly WSFCCA State meetings.
- WSFCCA Newsletter and New Bulletins
Board members are working hard to provide several outlets for you (the provider) to network with other providers by attending a local chapter, WSFCCA state meetings and annual Early Learning Conferences. Let’s all work together to create an Association with a strong voice regarding rules created around our businesses. In order for that to happen please join with providers and participate.
If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to email me at
or call me (206) 898-0999.