In my view, being bored, stressed and dreading most days does NOT have to be your, or your team's 'normal.' You CAN create your life so that you have more Wake Up Eager days every week, and you can build a Wake Up Eager Team!
And when you do, your NEW NORMAL, will be this:
THIS is Normal...
- What is normal is enthusiasm.
- What is normal is laughing a lot many times a day.
- What is normal is to feel strong, sure, confident and secure.
- What is normal is to feel so much self-confidence in your life and in your work and about who you are, that when you look at others you're always in a positive place and able to uplift others.
- What is normal is to have so much energy at the end of the day that you're looking for more good things to do.
- What is normal is to have such passion for life that when you're with other people you're eager to hear about what they're doing and how they're doing it.
- What is normal is to have so much energy at the end of the day that you're already eagerly planning tomorrow.
- What is normal is feeling disappointment that the sun goes down and enthusiastic that the sun comes up.
- What is normal is a zest for life beyond anything that most, over 8 years old, have remembered or felt in a long time.
- That's what is normal.
From Abraham-Hicks Publications
Four Foundational Actions That Will Help You Create a 'New Wake Up Eager Normal' on Your Team:
- RIGHT PEOPLE: Get the right people in the right seats; focus on job fit in EVERY position.
- USING THEIR STRENGTHS: Make sure everyone understands what their top strengths are, and make sure they are using them on the job every day. Stats tell us that if they do, they are SIX times more likely to be energized and committed to their work. (19 Reasons Why Strengths Matter)
- CRYSTAL CLEAR EXPECTATIONS: Make sure everyone understands the expectations for their role, with measurements for success. This often overlooked simple leadership practice of defining priorities helps people focus their efforts toward their success. A Performance Dashboard eliminates confusion and builds energy, enthusiasm and feelings of empowerment.
- CHECK IN OFTEN: Hold weekly 15 minute - 'How's It Going, How Can I Help?' meetings with every team member. (Or meet more often if there's a critical project in play.) During these meetings with you THEY should be doing most of the talking and sharing. (Every time I conduct an opinion survey for an organization I'm surprised by how often the biggest frustrations are easily fixable resource and process issues that are frustrating the employee.) It's your job to encourage and to remove obstacles.
You get to decide what is normal for you and your team. What do you choose? If it's the Wake Up Eager Normal, what actions are you willing to take to create a Wake Up Eager Team Dynamic?
if we can support you in any way.