Houston, TX - Mayor Pro Tem Dave Martin is pleased to announce a roadside ditch rehabilitation project to be conducted by the City of Houston Storm Water Action Team (SWAT) on the Wald Road Intersection with Palmdate Street, will begin Monday, August 10, 2020. This project will cost $266,280.00 and is funded through the District E SWAT fund.
The scope of work includes:
- Regrading and re-establishing of the roadside ditches
- Replacing of the culverts and resetting them to match the flow line of the ditch
- Replacing the driveway where the culverts are replaced
- Increasing the capacity of any culverts less than 24 inches in diameter
- Removing any un-permitted culverts or other encroachments in the City Right of Way.
Crews will be on site working Monday through Saturday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m, and the work is expected to be complete by November 8th, 2020. The map below shows the project limits outlined in red. Construction will not impact any water or sewer services.
One lane adjacent to the work zone may be closed during construction. Temporary loss of driveway access, lane closures, construction noise and debris, and limited roadside parking are possible while the project is being completed.
As a result of the construction activities, please be aware of flagmen and orange traffic cones will be put in place on site to help with traffic flow through the construction zon
e as temporary lane closures are expected