"The beginning is the most important part of the work." -Plato
I’m so excited to work with you as you cultivate your yoga practice - and learn about yourself along the way! Throughout the summer, I will share tips and resources that reflect your
(upholder, questioner, obliger, or rebel), but before we do that, I wanted to offer some questions to help you establish a strong habit change foundation.
It is easier to build a habit when we understand and build from our strengths. For example, if you feel most energized in the morning, consider developing a schedule that incorporates your yoga practice early in the day. If you like trying new things, find a yoga class you’ve never attended. If you prefer being alone, consider cultivating a home yoga practice or taking an online class. If you like being with a friend, find someone to join you this summer.
Find a quiet place and consider your answers to the following questions.
- At what time of day do you feel most energized?
- Do you prefer working at a slow and steady pace or do you prefer working at a pace that requires quick bursts of energy?
- Does trying new things excite you or make you feel uncomfortable?
- Do you prefer being alone or part of a group?
- Do you like moving from one activity to the next or do you prefer focusing more fully on an individual activity?
- Think about a time when you successfully developed a habit. What strengths allowed you to do so?
- What excites you about cultivating or strengthening your yoga practice?
- If you achieve your yoga practice goal, what will be different? How will it benefit you?
What did you learn about yourself? What surprised you? How can you take this information and use it to help you successfully develop your yoga habit this summer?
Over the next few weeks, I encourage you to get to know yourself and build from what works. Get clear on your why and come back to it when you are seeking motivation. Celebrate your victories – both big and small (and know that the community at Yoga Roots is here to support you along the way)!
In future weeks, we will move deeper into the
, but for now, focus on establishing a solid foundation so you can expand into your greatness (ground down to rise up)!!!
Congratulations for embarking on this journey!
With gratitude and love,
Skylight Coaching & Consulting