WIN A NHL GAME AT YOUR LOCAL RINK
Is your community arena in need of a face-lift? Are serious renovations and upgrades needed? Enter the Kraft Hockeyville contest for a chance to win $250,000 towards arena upgrades and the opportunity to host a National Hockey League (NHL) pre-season game.

If you happen to practice, or play in a community that has a local rink in need of upgrades, now is the time! While arenas are neighbourhood hubs, their maintenance can be costly, which is why Kraft Hockeyville wants to help.

For 14 years, Kraft Hockeyville has provided a platform for people of all walks of life to come together because communities build hockey and hockey builds communities.
Kraft Hockeyville is looking for inspiring stories that illustrate how your community embodies the spirit of hockey. A great nomination story will not earn you rally points, but will count for 80% of your score. The other 20% comes from rally points. There a several ways to earn rally points:

  • Submit a nomination story (10 points)
  • Share on Twitter using the share button (5 points)
  • Add photos or videos of your arena (3 points)
  • Add a note (1 point)
  • React with emojis to nomination stories, photos and videos (1 point)

For more information on Kraft Hockeyville, please visit their website . Deadline to submit a nomination is February 9, 2020.

Need help with your nomination? A creative spin? Not sure where to start?

Don't fret! We're here to help! Email info@bchockey.net and we'll do our best to make your nomination stand out!
PAST WINNERS
2009 - Terrace Sportsplex (Terrace, BC)

The first arena from the west coast to win! The Terrace Sportsplex received 1.9 million votes. And with the price money they eon, they embarked on their major project to add a new building to their community that would house a brand new arena with more efficiencies and modern amentities.

This new arena went on to host some of the events of the 2010 BC Winter Games.
2015 - Panorama Recreation Centre (PRC) (North Saanich, BC)

The rec centre is home to the only hockey facility on the Saanich Peninsula. Arena upgrades meant more to PRC than just better storage space and locker rooms; it meant giving local hockey and lacrosse teams a place to call their own.

The prize money brought new life to the small organization with a big heart and helped create the best facility the Saanich Peninsula has ever seen.
2016 - Pat Duke Memorial Arena (Lumby, BC)

A town of just 2,000 people, Lumby residents live by the motto "eat, sleep, hockey, repeat." Found at the heart of this village is the Pat Duke Memorial Arena. It's the location for summer fundraisers and school events, the host of figure skating clubs and lessons, and a home for minor hockey and rec leagues and local spectators.

As quoted on the Regional District of North Okanagan's website, "In April of 2016, Lumby was awarded $100,000 through the Kraft Hockeyville contest to make upgrades to the Pat Duke Arena, focusing on the addition of a female change room. It took a real feat of community commitment to achieve the number of votes that was required to win, and the community spirit is still palpable in the community."
BC HOCKEY
6671 Oldfield Rd.
Saanichton, BC V8M 2A1