The volunteer Board of the Wapiti Nordic Ski Club thanks you for your membership and ongoing support. We are trying to keep up with the daily developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and what we need to do to follow Alberta Health Services, Provincial government and Federal government guidelines.
In direct response to these guidelines, our lodge and winter programs were closed the week of March 16, 2020.
At present, we are continuing to maintain the trails. They are considered open for members and day pass holders. However, this is subject to change or penalties if users do not respect physical distancing AT ALL TIMES > on the trails, in the parking lots, and at trail heads. As you may have heard, Provincial and National Parks and some municipal parks in the province have been closed due to people congregating and not following the rules of Physical Distancing.
We do not want this to happen at WNSC!
If you are heading out to ski, snowshoe or ride a fat bike in the coming days, please make sure you follow both Provincial and WNSC recommendations:
- Keep 2 metres or 6 feet apart (classic ski length).
- Ski in small groups, recommended to be your own household members - this is not the time to bring a group of friends out for a ski.
- Outhouses are available at in the lodge parking lot (behind timing tower) and at the biathlon range - hand sanitizer is available. Users are responsible for their own wellbeing - please practice enhanced personal hygiene.
- Please display your parking pass in your vehicle and / or keep your e-receipt.
- Park away from other vehicles where possible.
- Do not gather at trail heads - leave room for others to enter and exit safely.
- Note: no walking on any WNSC trails until the winter activities have been shut down
- Our Spring AGM has been deferred to Fall 2020; if you would like to put your name forward for consideration, please email here
- Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for further updates.
- Thank you for your cooperation.