The City of Mississauga has opened registration for its Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program. The program assists adults aged 65 years or older and people with physical disabilities with windrow clearing this winter. A windrow is the pile of snow left at the end of a driveway after a snowplow has cleared the street.
Eligible participants will have windrows cleared beginning November 26, 2021 until March 28, 2022. A space of about three metres (10 feet) wide will be cleared, providing enough space to allow one car to get in and out of the driveway. The program does not include the clearing of the entire driveway.
· Applications will be accepted now until November 12, 2021
· Service will begin November 26, 2021 and end March 28, 2022
· Cost is $200 (non-refundable) or free for those who meet financial assistance criteria
· 300 spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
· 65 years of age in 2021 or older
· People with physical disabilities – must be verified by a regulated health professional
· No able-bodied person can be living at the same residence as participant
· Participant cannot be living in a high-rise, multi-unit building, condominium or within a commercial property
· Participant’s residence cannot be on a private road
· Only one person per address can participate
How to apply:
· In person:
o Application forms can be downloaded and printed online at mississauga.ca/windrow or picked up in-person at any of the locations listed above..