May 1,2020
Dear Resident:

It feels as if we have been in this situation for ever. We are not at the end of the shutdowns yet but we hope that we will soon see a more marked decline in cases of COVID-19.

Sadly we have now lost 15 residents at the Village of Erin Meadows LTC to the virus and I ask you to keep them in your prayers along with the families and workers at the facility. The week of May 8 is a salute to caregivers at the Village and they would welcome any signs or other symbols of thanks and hope you can give during that week. The Village is located on the southeast corner of Winston Churchill and Erin Centre.

I am pleased to report that the new temporary bike lanes opened this past weekend on Glen Erin Drive from Britannia to Aquitaine. This provides extra space to enjoy the outdoors. I tried it out on Saturday and felt very safe walking and staying a good distance apart.

As the weather was nice on Sunday we saw many people out for walks which is a good thing. However if you are out walking with family please move over and walk single file when passing others. Keep that 6' distance so all will be safe. I had reports of groups (not family) crowding sidewalks forcing people to walk on the grass area and not being physically distanced.

Many stores are now requiring shoppers to wear a mask in the store. Please take note. It is a good idea to keep masks in your car and use them. Then if you are disposing of the mask or gloves use waste bins not the ground.

I am pleased we are also allowing fishing at Lake Aquitaine and you may use the dock area but please keep that 6' distance from others.

I appreciate all the support residents are giving each other during these times and I thank you for following the rules and working together but apart to help us end the spread of the virus. Stay safe and stay healthy!!

As always you can contact me for assistance on any city or region issue at pat.saito@mississauga,ca, by phone to 905-896-5900 at any time and my staff and I will be pleased to help you.

COVID-19 Update
Information at Your Fingertips
Important Websites

Important Phone Numbers

Mississauga 3-1-1
Available Mon - Fri 7am - 7pm
Sat - Sun 9am - 6pm
Call 311 to report any non-compliance

Peel Public Health   905-799-7700
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm

Peel Regional Police
Non Emergency Line: 905-453-3311

Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000  
Toll-free TTY:1-866-797-0007

Important Dates

Every Wednesday
Mississauga City Council Meeting ( click here for livestream)

May 14
Region of Peel Council ( click here for livestream)
Residents are invited to participate in the third City of Mississauga Tele Town Hall to update the community on COVID-19.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020
6 to 7:30 p.m.

Panelists will include:
  • Mayor Bonnie Crombie, City of Mississauga
  • Janice Baker, City Manager and Chief Administrative Officer, City of Mississauga
  • Tim Beckett, Fire Chief and Director of Emergency Management, City of Mississauga
  • Dr. Lawrence Loh, Medical Officer of Health, Peel Region Public Health
  • Michelle DiEmanuele, President and CEO, Trillium Health Partners
  • Nancy Polsinelli, Interim Chief Administrative Officer, Region of Peel
  • Chief Nish Duraiappah, Peel Regional Police
  • Peter Dundas, Chief and Director, Peel Regional Paramedic Services

Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I call to report:

  • An open non-essential business: 311
  • A gathering: 311
  • Illegal park usage: 311
  • Litter and dumping: 311
  • Price gouging on necessary goods:
  • Consumer Protection Ontario at 1-800-889-9768 (M-F 8:30am - 3pm)
  • OR file a report online here


I live near a park. Can I use it?

Yes – parks, green space, trails and pathways remain open for walking, cycling or running. However, do not linger, play or use parks as you normally would. You can engage in outdoor activities/exercise close to home.

Mississauga parks have pedestrian access. However, all parking lots are closed to unauthorized vehicles. Please refrain from engaging in any recreational activities in our parking lots. You can still enter the park/trail for activities such as walking, running or biking.
Please stay close to home – you won’t have access to a parking lot at our parks or community centres.

Please follow the spirit of the Provincial Orders, City by-laws and Peel Public Health guidelines and physical distancing.

Can my kids use the playground at the park?

No. The provincial government has ordered all recreational facilities in City parks closed, including playgrounds, adult fitness equipment, sports fields, basketball courts, tracks, etc.. You can continue to walk on paths, trails and other portions of parks that have not otherwise been closed.

Can we go fishing at Lake Aquitaine?

Yes fishing is allowed on the dock. Please maintain a 6' distance from others.
Am I allowed to play in an empty Community Centre parking lot (e.g., rollerblade, throw a frisbee)?

No. All City facility parking lots are closed to unauthorized vehicles. These lots include those at community centres, libraries and parks where feasible. They are not to be used as play or hangout areas. Parking lot entrances, where possible, are barricaded. The public is allowed to walk through parking lots to get to park trails and walking paths but playing in them is restricted.
City of Mississauga Officers are patrolling these areas and educating residents on why they can’t park in municipal parking lots. If cars are parked in these lots, City Officers will enforce the Traffic (Parking) By-law and will ticket and tow.
If you are asked to leave a closed park amenity and do not do so when asked, you can be fined for failing to leave the premise under the authority of the Trespass to Property Act.

The garbage bins at the park are full. Is it okay to leave my bagged dog waste beside it for Parks staff to pick up?

No. Leaving dog waste beside a waste bin, on the ground or in a tree is littering with a fine of $365. Pick up your dog waste, bag it and throw it out in our waste bin or dog waste bins. If the bin is full, please take it home and dispose of it there.

My neighbour is having a BBQ in her backyard with her friends. Isn’t that going against the Provincial Order? Who do I call to report this?

People who live in the same household can have a BBQ together in their own backyard. However, gatherings of more than five people not from the same household is a violation of a Provincial Order – call 311 to report. 

I know of a business that is open that is considered non-essential. They are also not adhering to physical distancing – who can I report this to?

Residents who wish to report non-compliant businesses that are bars, restaurants and other food premises can contact Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700

Residents who wish to report any other non-compliant businesses can call 311.

For businesses not managing/providing appropriate physical distancing measures (and other health guidelines) for customers – i.e., lineups, crowd management, please call 311.

Residents who wish to report any employer/employee complaints or other matters related occupational health and safety should contact the Ministry of Labour at 1-877-202-0008 .
Reporting a non-compliant food establishment
Call Peel Public Health 905-799-7700. Food establishments include:
  • Bar
  • Restaurant
Other businesses like grocery stores, convenience stores, discount and big box retailers selling groceries, restaurants (take-out, drive-through and delivery service only), beer and wine and liquor stores.

My pool needs to be opened. Can I hire a pool company to come clean it?

Yes. According to Ontario Regulation 82/20 (the Essential Businesses Order), “maintenance, repair and property management services strictly necessary to manage and maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties and buildings are permitted.
Essential services can include:
·          Pool openings and/or liner repairs/replacement in order to sanitize water, prevent stagnant water from pooling and to prevent the breeding of insects to reduce the risk of West Nile Virus

·          Repair/Replacement of pool equipment that is required to circulate and sanitize pool/spa water – filters, pumps, water lines, gas lines, electrical panels.

·          Repair of pool sump pumps required to divert rain water.

I’d like to have my lawn cut. Can I hire a landscaping company?

Yes. According to Ontario Regulation 82/20 (the Essential Businesses Order), “maintenance, repair and property management services strictly necessary to manage and maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties and buildings are permitted.
Essential services can include turf maintenance (mowing, fertilizing, seeding, weeding, aeration), removal of invasive species, tree maintenance and removals.
Non-essential services include horticulture (planting) and other services for aesthetic purposes only.
Latest Updates
Temporary Walking + Cycling Lanes

I have been working with City staff on the implementation of temporary walking and cycling lanes in Ward 9. On Friday May 1st, staff installed a 2.5 meter lane along Glen Erin Drive between Britannia Road and Aquitaine Avenue. This particular lane was chosen in order to relieve some of the pressure on nearby trail networks at Lake Wabukayne and Lake Aquitaine.
Wireless Mississauga Available to those in need

Wireless Mississauga is a city-wide network of free wireless hotspots for public use. To view a map of wireless hotspots in Ward 9, click here.
Helpful Resources
Region of Peel COVID-19

The Region’s Coronavirus webpage: has a wide range of information for Peel residents and businesses, including:

  • Regularly updated information regarding the various support services available to residents

Trillium Health Partners Assessment Centres (Mississauga)

Mississauga Hospital
Clinical Administrative Building
15 Bronte College Court
Mississauga, ON J4Y 0K7
Credit Valley Hospital
Valley House
2200 Erin Mills Parkway
Mississauga, ON L5M 7S4
Province of Ontario

Essential Businesses
Premier Ford announced a mandatory shutdown for all non-essential services in the province of Ontario. For a full list of essential services,  please click here  .

The Province has launched a toll free hotline provide support to Ontario businesses who have questions about the province's emergency order to close at-risk workplaces following recommendations by Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health.

Businesses can call the  Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659. 
Help is available from Monday to Sunday, from 8:30 a.m.―5:00 p.m. .

Federal Government

Councillor Pat Saito | City of Mississauga | 905-896-5900 | |