CONVENIENT BULB, BATTERY, and ELECTRONICS RECYCLING for BUSINESSES
Did you know the Allen County Solid Waste Management District offers recycling options for your business's used batteries, fluorescent bulbs and electronics?
These items can contain mercury and other toxins which must be handled properly to avoid any possible contact with our groundwater. Also, in the state of Indiana, it is actually illegal to put electronics in landfills.
We have made it convenient for you to go to our website and arrange an appointment to drop off your items at very low cost.
- Log on to www.acwastewatcher.org
- Click on the "Business" tab at the top
- Go to "Recycling Registration Forms"
- Choose the appropriate form, fill out, and submit
- Someone from the District will be in touch with you to arrange a drop off appointment
Through our partnerships with local businesses, there are several options available for residential drop off for recycling of these materials. Our partners are not equipped to handle material from businesses, however.
We ask that in order to avoid overwhelming the capacity of those community services, all business recycling be scheduled directly with the District. Please call us with any questions 449-7878.