Clients and Friends of CHC,
As we finish our third week of working remotely, we'd like to express appreciation for the feedback we've received from so many of you who found the information in our Hear and Connect blog helpful.
Somewhat unexpectedly, we have all been thrust into a world of Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Team, Facebook, Skype, telehealth and remote learning as a way to come together while we practice social distancing. For some of us (probably the younger ones among us), this technology was familiar. For the rest of us (including me!) it was not.
I was one of those who used Zoom as a participant when I had to, but almost always cut off my video. Now… I cherish our CHC daily director check-ins and chats with other staff, colleagues and consumers. It’s what we have right now to stay connected.
Hear and Connect is our blog series offering tips, technical guidance and special resources to help you navigate these challenging times. New posts are highlighted below along with a link to last week's resources. And stay tuned as we introduce a series of webinars and virtual chats on a variety of topics in the coming days and weeks.
Hear and Connect Blog Series
- Troubleshooting hearing aids. Terrence Williams, H.I.S., offers a step-by-step process for addressing basic hearing aid issues. Read.
- When a hearing aid stops working. Audiologist Michele DiStefano suggests tech options to keep you hearing aids fail. Read.
- Zoom with captions helps me connect. Carolyn Stern shares new adventures in video conferencing with captions. Read.
- Children's hearing aid usage at home. Audiologist Anita Stein-Meyers on Why should my child keep hearing aids on at home? Read.
- Better hearing while remote learning. Dr. Stein-Meyers offers strategies and tech solutions to get the most out of remote learning. Read.
- Hearing Aid Tip of the Day video. Audiologist Ellen Lafargue offers compelling reasons for adults to wear hearing aids at home. View.
- Last week's posts and resources. In case you missed them. Read.
If there are topics not covered here that are important to you, please email us at
to let us know, and we will do our best to address them. More than ever, we're committed to helping all of you hear and connect!