Recently, we have all experienced a heightened awareness of the important role of our food supply. With dairy, meat, and even toilet paper supply chain issues as well as price changes, more of us have begun to pay closer attention to the way our food is grown and gets from the farm to our table. Great teachers understand that current events play an important role in student engagement, therefore the New Mexico Grow Project is a perfect fit for the upcoming school year! It is designed to help great teachers
grow important skills
that students need now more than ever before.
You should apply if you want to:
- Reach all students and learning styles.
- Foster real-world problem solving.
- Provide a unique way for students to learn that hard work is rewarding.
- Incorporate quality hands-on experiences.
- Help your students make deep connections to their environment, community, and multicultural traditions.
- Give students excellent opportunities for scientific observations and hypothesis testing.
- Assure students use higher order critical thinking skills.
- Make connections across the curriculum for comprehensive learning.
- Learn along with their students and show learning is a lifelong process!
- Be able to network with other successful educators already using the materials.
Deadline to apply extended to June 1, 2020.