5 Essential Tips for Working Remote
With the stay in place order and social distancing as our "new normal", many people are finding themselves working remote. If this is a new venture for you, it can be challenging at first. Here are some helpful tips in navigating the world they call 'working from home'.
1. Keep your normal morning routine as if you were commuting to work (shower, eat breakfast, workout, get dressed, make your bed).
2. Give yourself some slack.
If you have never worked from home before, it can be a big transition. You might feel isolated, lonely or even stressed at first. Any transition takes time to get used to, so try to be easy on yourself.
3. Take scheduled breaks. Take a walk, even it it's just around the house. Walk away from your email to eat a 30 minute lunch. Call a friend.
4. Separate your work space.
Don't work in spaces that are associated with leisure time (i.e. the couch or bedroom). Instead, dedicate a specific room or surface in your home to work.
5. Communication. Co-workers are no longer just a few desks over. So, finding ways to communicate effectively is paramount. Microsoft Teams and Zoom are a great place to start!