This is a hard letter for me to write but do it I must. For 32 years our apostolate has lived a mission that helps to heal hearts, change lives, and bring souls to salvation through the grace and mercy of God. We do this for no reason other than the love of God and those He has created in His image and likeness.
As with any apostolate seeking to serve Our Lord, we have encountered many obstacles and hurdles through the years. Some have been more difficult than others, and the one we face now is in the category of “more difficult.”
That being said, I was encouraged recently in reading a biography of St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, foundress of the Society of the Sacred Heart. It recounts the struggles she experienced as well as the sage advice of her spiritual director who told her that the struggle was the sign of God’s favor. May this be so for our work – especially as we face our current need.
Historically, we see a significant drop in donations during the summer months. But this summer has been particularly hard. I can list for you a variety of reasons, including the crisis in the Church, that may be have added to the usual struggle. But in the end the result is the same –
We need your help.
The need for our mission has never been greater. Woman is God’s weapon against evil. In my own discernment, I have considered that the Lord has established Living His Life Abundantly/Women of Grace for a unique and necessary mission for this our day and time. I believe it is no less than to raise up an army of women, modeled after our Blessed Mother, who will “aid humanity in not falling,” and will “save the peace of the world.”
Here is a link to watch my presentation to the United Nations
that outlines what this means and why this is woman’s special call and gift.
Knowing this, our enemy, the devil, hates our mission. His opposition to our work is unrelenting and I could write a book about his tactics and strategies. This is one of the reasons we focus on equipping our women with the knowledge of who they are in God’s plan as well as their call to join Our Blessed Mother in smiting the heads of the serpents of our day and time.
And let me tell you, the fruit is evident. Like Joan of Arc these women are valiant on the battlefield of life. They are mini-Marys raising their heels to crush the head of evil. They move forward in the authority of their feminine genius to reclaim and rebuild a civilization of love and to snatch back the culture from the jaws of death. What is more, they replicate their efforts as they train up spiritual daughters to do the same by conforming them to the teachings of Sacred Scripture and Holy Mother Church. Truly, they are working to transform the world one woman at a time.
Here are just a few highlights of what has been accomplished:
- Over 60,000 women worldwide have participated in the Women of Grace Foundational Study including our Young Women of Grace Study for girls 13-18. Some of our Regional Coordinators have led as many as 600 women through the Study in their parishes and dioceses.
- We have ministered to thousands of women through Women of Grace® retreats and conferences, Benedicta Leadership Enrichment Seminars, and other gatherings for women both in the US and abroad.
- Our Foundational Study has been translated into Spanish and, most recently, into Ukrainian. The call for it was great in Ukraine and the women there have embraced it with joy, zeal, and the approval of their bishop.
- The Benedicta Institute for Women graduated its first class in July. Having completed the requirements for certification in Catholic Women’s Leadership, several of the women are completing their studies for a Masters in Pastoral Studies.
- This year marks the 10th Anniversary of our New Age Q&A blog; a one-of-a-kind outreach and service, dedicated to helping people discern the difference between authentic spirituality and its counterfeits.
- A partnership is in process with Walsh University in North Canton Ohio to forward the advancement of our certification program in spiritual formation and Catholic Women’s Leadership through the Benedicta Institute for Women.
Friend, this work must go on! To abandon ship at a time of great need is not an option. To capitulate in the face of the opposition is cowardice. To flee the battlefield from fear of the enemy is reprehensible. We are committed to our mission and the task at hand, and with God’s grace we will continue to move forward with faith and confidence.
During this extreme financial emergency I’m trusting the Lord to provide for our needs through His faithful servants: people like you.
I’m depending on your generosity to reach more people and change more lives. Join me in praying our work will be successful.
I need to raise $75,000 in the next 30 days and I’ll gratefully accept your sacrifice of any amount – however large, however
Please send your sacrifice
, whether it’s a major gift, a
Widow’s Mite, or anything in between. And please pray for our Apostolate.
We truly need your help now. Please click the link below to make your sacrificial gift right away.