We have opened up nominations for the 2023 Board of Trustees (BOT) slate and we'd love to hear from you! We are looking for future leaders who want to make a positive impact on the IDHA's future!
Our goal is to engage stakeholders across various sectors of Dental Hygiene to reach our mission of uniting and empowering dental hygienists, enhancing the public’s oral and overall health, and increasing awareness of the dental hygiene profession.
As a respected RDH and member of the IDHA, please accept this formal invitation to explore the opportunity of becoming a part of the IDHA’s Board of Trustees. As a Trustee, you will be instrumental in offering strategic guidance to advance the mission of the IDHA. Additionally, our Trustees monitor the activities of the committees and task forces, approve the budget, and develop value-added relationships with other organizations and groups. Serving as a Trustee and bringing your knowledge, energy, and expertise to the table is something that will benefit the IDHA, and you.
Being a part of the IDHA Board of Trustees is a great way to:
1. Make the Dental Hygiene world a better place
- probably the most important reason
- show you care about the people and the profession
- share your expertise and knowledge to make a positive impact
2. Build as solid a solid network of industry contacts
- advance your career
- brainstorm ideas
- build relationships
- get introduced to new colleagues
3. Practice and master diplomacy
- learn to work with others in relation to issues of leadership, finance, etc.
- navigate disagreements, landmines, and delicate situations
4. Become effective at managing meetings
- understand how to have a productive meeting with people whom you don’t work with or for you
5 Dive deep into the Dental Hygiene profession
- gain insight into the Dental Hygiene arena and become an expert
6. Segue yourself into an Executive Council role
- smooth transition onto the EC
- become an officer of the Board of Trustees
Please let us know if we have sparked your interest in becoming a member of the IDHA Board of Trustees by clicking on the Apply Today button below.
If you know of another member of the IDHA that you think would make a great fit for the IDHA BOT, please forward them this email and ask them to fill out the form if they are interested. Or, feel free to nominate them anonymously by sending their name and contact information to the below email.
In the meantime, we are here to answer questions and help with the process as best we can. Reach out t to one of our Executive Council members at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 550-4342.
Thank you in advance for your kind consideration and response!
IDHA Immediate Past President
Nominations Committee Chair