Our 21st Annual Verde Elementary School Benefit Drive in North Richmond was another great success, thanks to the outpouring of community support.
Thanks to donations from West County residents, businesses, nonprofits, and others, we were able to provide books, tote bags, and financial literacy materials to all 350 students at the school. We will also fund a mural project at the school, led by students and teachers, to beautify Verde and celebrate the North Richmond community!
On December 13, we hosted a party at the school with the help of parents, teachers and volunteers. Here are some great
photos that capture the kids' joy
and appreciation. Here is a
of the joyous day.
All of the students at this inspiring school come from low-income families who are working hard to support their children's success.
West County READS!
provided the books; Chevron donated the tote bags; Travis Credit Union gave financial education materials; and CHDC of North Richmond served as our nonprofit fiscal agent to accept contributions.
We raised funds at our office's Holiday Party and Open House in December, where we had a great turnout. Community members enjoyed food from superb local restaurants like Gangnam Tofu Korean Cuisine, La Strada, Taste of Ethiopia, Brasil Bistro and Galaxy Desserts.
Here is a photo gallery of
I'm proud to represent a community that comes together to help others, especially our children and families in greatest need.
I'd like to acknowledge each and every one of you who donated this year to support Verde Elementary School students. You are part of a special coalition of supporters from throughout our County. I will also be sending each of you a personal letter of thanks.
You are all greatly appreciated for supporting our youth!
$1,000+ donors: Verde Superstars
- Joseph Pulido Jr.
- Max Slendebroek/The Lumber Baron Inc.
- Chevron Richmond
$500 to $999 donations: Verde Gold Stars
- Mauri Concrete Construction Co., Inc.
- Sims Metal Management
- Contra Costa County Public Defenders Association
$100 to $499 donations: Verde Silver Stars
- American Medical Response of Contra Costa County
- Marva Martin Canada
- Luz Gomez
- Oliver's Towing Inc.
- Linda L. Minor
- Travis Credit Union
- Peter Weiner
- Lynne and Alan La Pointe
- Sustainable Energy Accelerators LLC
- Joseph Doser
- Fowler Hoffman LLC
- Jimmy Prater
- Sarah Paul and Rodney Paul
- Lillian Fujimoto and David Hampton
- Tom Bates and Loni Hancock
- Ebony Elites Northern District/Brenda Shaheed
- Garry Hurlbut and Maryn Hurlbut
- Arthur Walenta and Susan Walenta
- Holly and Joseph Yee
- Julie Bueren and Ralph Chappell
- YES Nature to Neighborhoods/Eric Aaholm
- North Richmond Missionary Baptist Church
- Olivine, Inc./Elizabeth Reid
- Eric Peterson and Min Zhao/Ponytail Realtor
- Don Bastin
- Leftside Printing & More LLC/Diego Garcia
- Kelly Fergesson
- Eve A. Ma
Donations up to $99: Verde Community Stars
- Amirah Brenda Shaheed
- Michael Boone and Joann Pavlinec
- Jeffrey Rubin
- Robert and Katie Rogers
- Norma D. Martinez-Rubin
- Nick Despota
- Marilyn Hertzberg/Shellscapes
- David McCoard
- Pastor Melinda V. McLain
- Eileen Carey and Martin A. Lynch
- Belinda D. Thomas
- Kenneth Hempel
- Anthony Sustak and Margaret Browne
- Kate Sibley and Cindy Beitman
- Creative Xpressions/Chris Conrad
- Suzanne E. Kauffman
- Michael Peritz and Ruth Peritz
- PS Consultant & Associates, LLC
- Nancy Schiller
- Susan and Robert Frederick
- Carl Mason and Patricia LaDouceur
- Susan Wehrle
- Diana Becton, District Attorney
- Michael Nye
- Michael S. Lyons and Marva D. Lyons
- Stephanie Ny
- Rev. Edwina Perez-Santiago
- Panas-Duveneck Living Trust, Tom Panas and Ann Duveneck
- Fran Biderman and Bruce C. Onisko
- Fire Chief Lewis Broschard III and Alyce Broschard
- Al and Karla Perez
- Robert A. Young Jr. and Elizabeth S. Lindgren-Young
- Raynard Lozano
- Marilyn M. Doss
- Suzanne Johnson
- Amalia Cunningham and Michael Cunningham