A Benefit Concert Dedicated to Healing and Reconciliation
Saturday, July 28, 2018, 7:00 PM
Unity of Lehigh Valley
26 N. 3rd Street
Emmaus, PA 18049
Enjoy an evening of inspirational music with Steve Gunn and the One Heart Band to raise money to support the philanthropic work of Soldier's Heart in Vietnam.
The One Heart Band
- John Christie, lead guitar
- David Monahan, bass
- Jo Sieger, percussion
- Singer, song-writers John Thomas and Tom Church
- The Unity of Lehigh Valley Choir under the direction of Anthony Young
How did this project get started?
Steve went on a Soldier's Heart Journey of Healing and Reconciliation to Vietnam in 2016 and 2017. On the 2016 journey, Steve met Madame Le Ky. The love and forgiveness that Le Ky expressed brought healing for Steve and the other veterans on the journey. In 2017 when Steve became aware that the walls and roof of kitchen in Le Ky's house were in danger of collapse, he set a goal to raise the $3,000 that would be necessary to repair the structure. Le Ky's kitchen is the structure to the right in the photo.
There are Three Ways to Contribute
- Attend the concert and bring a donation as the price of entry.
- If you are unable to attend the concert
- Send a check to Steve made out to Soldier's Heart:
247 Spruce Street
Emmaus, PA 18049
- Or click on the Donate button on the Soldier's Heart website at www.SoldiersHeart.net. Donate through PayPal and be sure to insert a note that says "Madame Ky Fund."
Why Should I contribute?
Take one small, sweet step to contribute to reconciliation with a former enemy and contribute to the work of Soldier's Heart, an organization dedicated helping our warriors heal their invisible wounds. Soldier's Heart works with members of the military and military veterans as well as the police and first-responders who protect us here at home.
How will the donations be used?
100% of the $3,000 will go directly to the project which will be managed by Soldier's Heart. The repair project will be managed by Tran Dinh Song, the interpreter for Soldier's Heart in Vietnam. If we raise more than $3,000, 100% will be applied to the work of Soldier's Heart in helping our warriors heal their invisible wounds.