The Board and staff of The Housing Partnership believe that healthy and affordable homes strengthen and stabilizes families and neighborhoods. Creating affordable housing opportunities and assisting existing residents with repairs so they can remain in their homes is an integral part of our work. Hear from a grateful Lemay homeowner who received plumbing repairs at her home:
“It is important to me that I stay here as long as I can. I really didn’t know how I was going to make these repairs on my own. I'm extremely grateful to the local Plumbers and Pipefitters Union for their help in fixing my home, along with The Housing Partnership's coordination in making it happen.”
-R.P., Lemay resident
Since January 2018, The Housing Partnership’s accomplishments include:
- Developed and sold two new homes and began construction of three more new for-sale homes in Lemay for low-and-moderate income families.
- Demolished two vacant commercial buildings.
- Assisted more than forty-six first time St. Louis area homebuyers with counseling, education and down payment assistance.
- Partnered with two organizations to provide needed home repairs for two senior homeowners in Lemay.
- Coordinated four volunteer projects utilizing more than forty-seven volunteers from other community organizations to make small repairs and beautify four homes for senior homeowners.
Thanks to the generous support of donors and community partners like you, this has been a very productive year for The Housing Partnership. As a community based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we rely on donations from our Annual Appeal campaign to augment the local, state and federal funds we receive so we can continue our work in the Lemay community and the St. Louis region.
Your donation is tax-deductible and will help us to achieve our mission to create healthy living environments, neighborhoods and financially stable households.