Some said it was impossible, but not our faithful supporters like you.
a dedicated group of volunteers, staff, corporate sponsors and individual supporters
, this winter we achieved our first goal of successfully reopening snow sports operations at Antelope Butte Mountain Recreation Area.
Here are some highlights from our '18-'19 winter season:
- Welcomed more than 2500 skiers and boarders
- Introduced 273 students from 6 local schools to the joys of snow sports through classroom programs
- Installed the 250-foot Sun Kids Conveyor Lift to transport beginners up a gentle slope
- Reopened the Park lift in December 2018, and the Summit Lift in April 2019
- Constructed a yurt to temporarily house operations
- Provided community avalanche and winter safety training
It was an exhilarating and exciting first winter season, and now we're gearing up for our summer events and activities. We hope to see you at Antelope Butte this summer, whether you come up for hiking and mountain biking or attend an event like Brewfest or the Summer Festival.
We are grateful for each of our supporters, our amazing staff, the board, and everyone in the community who joined us in this massive undertaking. We have exciting plans ahead, and look forward to sharing many adventures with you.
John Kirlin, Executive Director
Antelope Butte Mountain Recreation Area