by Margo Frank, ECA Member
As Elder Climate Activists, we are most powerful when we speak from our hearts. When we do this, we engage others and open doors to conversations that otherwise wouldn’t be possible.
Here are a few tips to remember when you talk about climate change with others:
- Keep it personal, avoiding scientific jargon and facts.
- Be genuinely curious! Find out what matters most to someone.
- Share why you personally care about climate change, focusing on something happening here and now, not in the future. Keep it short!
- Ask if they or their loved ones or a place they love have been impacted by climate change.
- Use positive words instead of negating what someone else says. Be appreciative of their willingness to engage in the conversation.
And check out this inspiring short video from climate scientists speaking from their hearts on