We are committed to staying open and operating as normal as possible for our members to help you maintain your exercise routines. We want to do everything in our power to make sure as many people as possible remain healthy while also protecting our employees' welfare. Right now we are trying to figure out how to take care of our team members and members in general while still dealing with the immediate impact of this crisis. Therefore, following the escalating situation around the COVID-19 virus and recommendations from both our local and national public health authorities we have decided to move forward with the following changes, closures, and cancellations:
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
- 5:45 pm Hot Yoga at Mequon canceled on Tuesday, March 17
- All group exercise classes will be canceled until further notice starting Wednesday, March 18 to prevent unnecessary social contact as well as accommodate our instructors with children who cannot stay home alone.
- Until that time, we are also eliminating all circuit type classes where people are expected to touch something that someone else touched recently. In cycling studios, we are moving bikes further apart or eliminating bikes in order to space them farther away from each other. In yoga and group fitness studios, we are outlining 6×6ft squares on the ground to indicate to our members what a safe distance is for everyone.
- Effective Tuesday, March 17 we will be closing childcare in the playrooms.
- Spring Break SCAMP in canceled.
- The QUAD will remain open until further notice.
- All other lessons and children’s programs & events will continue as normal for the time being.
- Beginning on Wednesday, March 18th through Friday March 20th, Brookfield's Petite Elite program, following Elmbrook guidelines, will have no students reporting to school. Spring Break will continue as planned from March 23-27. Any plans for school after Spring Break will be determined in the coming days.
OTHER PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- Over the coming weeks each individual program and event will be re-evaluated and we will do our best to contact as many members as possible directly in the case of cancellations. In the meantime, you can also check our club calendar on the website.
- All club-coordinated basketball leagues and pick-up games are canceled until further notice.
- The “Young at Heart” Luncheon at Brookfield on March 18th is canceled.
- We are also working towards allowing only 50 people at a time into each club in accordance with CDC recommendations.
You can help too! Consider coming at off-peak times, keeping 6 feet away from other members and team members, wiping down equipment before and after you use it, washing your hands frequently for 20 seconds, and if you feel any symptoms of being sick, please stay home!
Remember that healthy behaviors (sleeping well, a good diet, working out, and reducing stress) are the best way not to get sick in the first place and to reduce the duration and severity of your symptoms.