In case you missed it, here is a message we sent out earlier this week (with an update on props below):
Last week we sent an email out with the CDC's recommendations for keeping yourself safe this flu season, and especially in light of the global spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Below are the CDC's guidelines on the prevention of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Our Promise to You
The health and wellness of our community is of highest importance to us. Here are a few of the steps we've specifically taken to continue to foster a healthy environment at Bluebird Sky Yoga:
- Asked our front desk team to increase their cleaning protocols
- Swapped out hand towels in our bathrooms for paper towels
- Added disinfectant wipes in the studio
- Asked our teachers to refrain from offering hands-on-assists for the time being
- Asked our teachers and front desk team to call out of work if they feel any symptoms coming on
Our Request of You
Follow the CDC's Guidelines
If you are feeling sick please seek medical attention. (
COVID-19 symptoms described by the CDC here
.) If you are feeling sick or have been in close contact with others with the virus, please refrain from coming into the studio for practice.
Please follow the CDC guidelines listed above.
While we regularly clean our studio mats and other props across the week, we ask you to help us be extra vigilant between classes. In addition to thoroughly wiping down your yoga mat after class, we ask that you also wipe down any borrowed blocks or straps.
Because we cannot wash our blankets and bolsters between every single class at the studio, we've decided to remove them for the time being from all classes except for our Sunday night Restorative class. We will wash all props used during this class.
If you'd like to use a blanket for practice, please consider bringing you own. No blanket, no problem. A beach towel works great too and is easier to carry to the studio. In lieu of a bolster, pillows can be a great alternative as well.
The best way to ensure all your props are as clean as possible is to not share. We have yoga mats available for sale in the lobby and recommend
for well-priced props, should you choose to invest in your own.