Ft. Myers Metro-McGregor Kiwanis
PO Box 61104
Ft. Myers, FL 33906
(239) 940-3893 Club President
The editor thanks Rachel, Todd and Harris for the following information while I was out of town.
Meeting called to order by President Rachel Toomey. Total attendance: 16, members-15. Other Kiwanis member-Denny Sharma from the Fort Myers Club. Our speaker today was Sam Lewis, also a club member.
19th-Shana Del Castillo
- Received an email from Dick Arndt hoping everyone is having a good summer.
- Want to unload some old but clean T-shirts? Karen reports that Aktion Club is collecting them and making dog toys out of them. Bring them in and Karen will make the delivery.
- The Fort Myers Beach Chamber Bowling Social is July 18. Anyone interested? It's 4pm-9pm. Team entry for 5 is $75. Food, drinks and prizes.
- All the dining books we printed are out. Please bring back those you were unable to sell so we can offer them to others.
- DCON registration is open. Our state convention is August 15-18 in Orlando. Let Rachel know if you are interested in attending. We have 4 signed up so far.
- July 30 is a "Fifth Tuesday" Social. We'll be reserving an air conditioned box to sit in and enjoy a Miracle Baseball game. We will have a lunch meeting and use the time for committees to gather. Details coming soon. Need 28 to get the price we've been offered.
We have 3 more clubs to visit by September and we'll have completed a round-robin with every club in our division (this is a BIG feat). We need a minimum of 4 members to attend in order to count. There will be a sign up sheet at the meeting and going around by email.
- LaBelle-This club meets at 5:30pm at Beef O'Brady's. Date options; July 16, Aug 6, Aug 20, or Sept 3 we have 3 members that indicated that the Aug 6 date is good for them (need one more member).
- Pine Island-Mangomania is July 13-14. We can help sell the "fish drop" tickets. We have 2 members that can help on the 13th (need 2 more members)
- Sanibel-Meeting is 1st or 4th Tuesday. 7am breakfast, 8am meeting at the Dunes. Date options; July 23, Aug 6, Aug 27, Sept 3, Sept 24. We have one club member that is up for any of the dates (we need 2 more members).
School Supply Drive-We'll be collecting school supplies again for Littleton Elementary. We have a list of specific items that are the most needed:
#2 pencils (any brand but Ticonderoga is the best), pencil cape erasers, glue sticks, dry erase markers, highlighters (any color), pens-blue, black or red (any brand), wide-rule loose leaf paper and colored pencils. Bring them to a meeting on or before August 6th. They will be delivered to the K-Kids faculty advisors on August 8. Don't want to shop? Others would be happy to do it for you, just make your donation to another volunteer. Thanks Dick for sending a check.
MS Support Group
(Bill Grant), meets 3rd Thursday of each month at St. Hilary Episcopal Church. Please consider attending a meeting and learn about this project so we'll have more
back up volunteers. See Liz Ross over the summer months.
SLP's (Service Leadership Programs)
(Karen Hurst) at LARC. Meets 2nd Tuesday at 8:30am, year-round.
FGCU. (Stewart Ross) On summer break.
Harris Segel) Collegiate High on FSW campus.
On summer break. A few members will be joining us at our July 16th meeting. They are doing a clean up on FMB after the July 4th fireworks display.
Barbara Hartman, Todd Adams, Ada Trapanese) Cypress Lake Middle School. On summer break.
K-Kids-(Kim Berghs) Littleton Elementary. On summer break.
Today's Program: Wear the Fund LLC.
Today our speaker was Sam Lewis of 'Wear the Fund.' He is also a member of our club. His company: does 100K shirts per year, has 4 employees, runs company with Triple Bottom Line in mind: social, environmental and financial, customers choose what charity will receive 5% of their order, has 61 non-profits they support -501 (c) 3s and their company is 6 years old.
Sam and his team made our Kiwanis club T-shirts.
Want to learn more?
Pictured is Sam and President Rachel.
Quality Life Center, Abdul Haq Muhammed
Board meeting, 6pm at Ada's
Love A Child, Raquel Baugh
5th Tuesday Social
July speaker chair
Human Trafficking Awareness, Nicole
August speaker chair
Shana del Castillo
Where/when we meet: 11:30am on Tuesdays at Shoeless Joe's in the Crowne Plaza, 13051 Bell Tower Drive, Fort Myers 33907
"Kiwanis is a global
organization of volunteers
dedicated to improving the
world, one child and one
community at a time."
President: Rachel Toomey
President-Elect: Lindsey Lenhart
Treasurer: Todd Adams
Secretary: Kim Berghs
Immediate Past President: Liz Ross
Governor Steve LeBlanc
President Florencio "Poly" Lat
DCON (District Convention)
Annual Holiday Party
Please save year-round...
Aluminum pull tabs for K-Kids
for Ronald McDonald House. To Kim during the school year.
To Cathy over the summer.
for Builder's Club, give to Barbara Hartman year-round.
Plastic bottle caps to Todd for Buddy Benches
Our club charter date:
July 23, 1980