The City of Miramar continues to monitor the situation and modify our response accordingly, while disseminating critical information as well as preventative measures to the public and City employees. For the latest updates regarding the coronavirus, please visit
or call 866-779-6121.
- CITY FACILITIES: Effective Thursday March 19, 2020, all city facilities will be closed to the public until further notice, except for critical care.
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT (EM) staff continues to work with County and State for updates and is responsible to order critical supplies needed for City operations during the crisis.
- CHILDCARE: all childcare centers will be closed effective Monday March 23, 2020 until further notice.
- SENIOR SERVICES: Since suspension of senior services on March 16, 2020, staff has ordered a 7-day supply of meals for the seniors who usually receive meals at the center. Additionally, phone calls are being made to all seniors.
- ADULT DAYCARE: will be closed effective Monday, March, 23, 2020, until further notice.
- BROWARD COUNTY:
- Libraries & parks:
- Meetings and assemblies: No gathering greater than 10 people.
- HAZARD WASTE & ELECTRONIC COLLECTION service canceled thru June, 2020.
- Park fields open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Walking trails and bike paths remain open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Weekend Regional Park Entry Fee is waived until further notice.
- Playgrounds are closed.
- Community Centers are closed.
- Courts are closed.
- Pools, splash pads and fitness centers are closed.
- Restroom at parks are closed.
- I-95 bus service will continue with the current schedule at Ansin Sports Complex & Regional Park.
- There will be no cash handling.
- Spring Camp canceled.
- All facility rentals will be canceled or postponed. Patrons will be fully refunded for canceled events.
- No new rental reservations being accepted.
- Activities and Special Events at the Miramar Amphitheater are postponed until further notice.
- Activities and Special Events at City parks are canceled or postponed until further notice.
- All City organized sports activities suspended until further notice.
- PAL and Optimist – League Activities suspended until further notice.
- Staff will continue to wipe down benches, tables and fitness stations throughout the parks.