We all know the importance of healthy eating, but planning and providing nutritious meals can be a challenge when you factor in the demands of an active family, picky eaters, the time and effort required to shop, prep and cook a meal – but it is definitely worth the effort! The relationship between nutrition, health and learning is an important one, nutrition being one of the major factors that impact a child’s overall development. For these reasons we are focusing our Newsletter this month on all things Family Nutrition – healthy food choices by age, allergies and intolerances, ways to make healthy eating fun, handling picky eaters and even ways to enjoy eating out with the family without compromising healthy choices. Preparing food and sharing a family meal is one of the best ways to connect as a family, and the food your child eats during their early years lays a foundation for their eating habits throughout their lives. We hope to inspire you to promote healthy eating habits with these fun and informative ideas.
We also want to take this opportunity to say Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Father’s Day to all our Wee Watch parents and providers! Parenthood is the most challenging and rewarding experience and we love being involved in the care and development of your children! On that note, it is Provider appreciation day on May 11
– we are very proud of all our Wee Watch Providers for the great job they do every day providing a nurturing, safe , stimulating environment for children to thrive and grow. Provider appreciation day is a great opportunity to let your Provider know that you appreciate them!
Celebrations in May and June:
- Provider Appreciation Day – May 11
- Mother’s Day – May 13
- Ramadan (begins) – May 16th
- Shavuot – May 19-21
- Victoria Day – May 21
- Lailat-ul-Qadr – June 10
- Eid-al-Fitr – June 15
- Father’s Day – June 17th
- National Aboriginal Day – June 21
- First day of Summer – June 21