The good weather is here and we are continuing to live with COVID-19 and doing whatever it takes to “flatten the curve” and protect ourselves against the “next wave”.
We’ve been stuck at home for over two months; now we are slowly emerging from our cocoons to walk, bike and drive while continuing to “social distance”.
ummer 2020 is going to be very different than any other summer we’ve experienced -- so much for
summertime and the living is easy!
I was driving through a quiet residential neighbourhood and noticed people puttering in their gardens. These days, gardens seem to be getting more attention than usual and that got me contemplating how weeding your garden is like downsizing your stuff.
Think about it...
- You leave either task too long and getting started can be overwhelming!
- There's a better chance of finishing when you start small and keep going…
- Weeds and stuff accumulate. Before long, you have too much of both!
- It’s all about letting go of things you don’t want and keeping the good stuff!
- When you focus on one area at a time, you'll notice results sooner.
- Step back, survey what you’ve accomplished and you’re motivated to continue.
- Friends or family may encourage your efforts… but seldom pitch in to help!
- Success can be measured by the number of bags or boxes you have filled.
- A bit of effort allows you to create spaces and showcase your treasures.
- When you’re finished, you'll be more selective about adding new stuff!
Enjoy your summer…and make the best of it!