The bags are big and colorful this week: you'll all have some sweet corn, green peppers, green beans, eggplant, red onion, broccoli and peaches. We're also expecting Yellow Doll Watermelon-- subtly sweet yellow fleshed melon, smaller than a standard watermelon. This week's bag will also have a pack of two pork chops. For the simplest preparation:
- Set oven to 350, & bring chops to room temp
- Season on both sides with salt and pepper
- Sear 3-4 min per side in hot oven-safe pan on stovetop
- Finish in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Press the center of the chop-- if it's firming up, it's done. Try not to overcook.
- Add a drop of honey to the top and serve
The Large Shares will also get some tomatoes, carrots, a quart of plums, a head of garlic and a pound of ground beef. The Vegetarian Shares will have a pound of black beans, carrots and beets instead of the pork chops.
If you still need to make your August payment, please do that this week: you can bring payment when you pick up, stop by the barn, or mail us a check:
Wholesome Valley Farm
927 US Route 62
Wilmot, OH 44689
you have any questions about the program, please reply to this email or give us a call: (330) 359 - 2129.