There have been a lot of changes and closures over the last few days, especially with the news announced yesterday for the "Stay at Home" order. What does this mean for Fresh Fork? Fortunately, we fall into the "grocery" category, which the order states is an essential business.
That being said,
we are still running our regular Winter pick up schedule this week (Wed. March 25 - Sat. March 28).
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR PICK UP
- All bags will be pre-packed at our warehouse in paper bags, by employees wearing gloves. Please DO NOT bring your reusable bags back this week.
- If you placed an order for the "one-time" winter share, please let the greeter know so we can find your order without searching for your order in the tablet. You must pick up at the location selected in your order form.
- Keep your distance while standing in line. If the line starts to get too long and interrupts the usual flow of the parking lot, we ask that you wait in your car until the line shortens.
- We have enough shares for everyone, and we're feverishly starting to pack bags and special orders already to keep your time in line limited. There's no need to rush to the stop right at the beginning.
- Online special orders are recommended. Order deadline is Tuesday, March 24 at 11:59pm.
- If you do not have a current Winter subscription, please DO NOT place an order through the CSALogin website. It is not guaranteed for delivery (it's a technical glitch kind of thing...)
- Extras will be available for on-the-spot purchases. They will be displayed behind the check-in table and in coolers for minimal handling.
- Check payment is preferred for any back of the truck purchases/subscription payments. Please come prepared with your check partially filled out (ex. to: Fresh Fork, date, etc.). We also recommend bringing your own pen to fill out the amount due.
We ask for your patience this week while we work through several changes to our "business as usual" operations. We're following the guidelines as outlined by the CDC, and we're adjusting as quickly as we can to make this a smooth delivery week.
There has also been an increase in demand for late entry into the remaining weeks of the Winter Share. We closed off registration for the season a few weeks ago, prior to the concerns of COVID-19. We have had a very steady number of customers and our farmers planned accordingly to meet this demand. We're in talks with our farmers to see if more product can be available. In the meantime, we recommend visiting
Ohio City Provisions
for your grocery needs.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Stay healthy!
Trevor & the FFM team