It's that time of the year for the family to pitch in and make homemade pizza. This is personally one of my favorite meals at home. I'm too spoiled by Allyson's pizza skills to ever eat pizza out. Pizza at home is loaded with veggies, unique flavors, and isn't greasy at all. I think it is one of the healthiest meals we make as it's an easy way to use up all the bits of veggies in the fridge.
1) Let your dough thaw and rise at room temperature before using.
2) Preheat your oven (including pizza stone, tiles, or even cast iron pan) to 450 or hotter before beginning.
3) Parbake the crust without toppings then add the toppings. This keeps the crust crunchy.
For the sauce, we have provided roma tomatoes. Making homemade sauce is simple.
1) Blanche and peel the tomatoes.
2) Stew the tomatoes down, adding herbs and spices as desired
3) Blend in vitamix, immersion blender, or through a food mill
A version of a tomato sauce recipe can be found here on our website. Remember, our belief is that recipes are for guidance and technique; feel free to modify as you see best or based on the ingredients you have on hand. Pasta Con Pomarola
More news this week
Winter Season Registration Open: details can be found HERE on our website
This past week I was out helping make silage. Silage is a feed made from the entire corn plant, stalk and all, that his chopped and fermented. The corn silage is then fed to animals; in this case, dairy cows. See the story below for more details about how it is made.
Sale items this week. We know frost is coming soon and the smoker and grill may get stowed away for a while. So let's celebrate one last time with SPARERIBS on sale. $1 off per lb, making them only $3.5 per lb.
Eggs are back. But not unlimited supply. We suggest that you purchase your eggs online to be guaranteed that you get them. Demand at the back of the truck is unpredictable for us and we can't guarantee that there will be enough there for everyone.