The Epicurean Connection is now open
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Friday/Saturday for
pickup and retail services!
This past week we had an anonymous donor and we were able to distribute 150 more meals to community members
who were in need of food deliveries.
We will be offering the same service this week.
Please inquire if you would like to sponsor a meal with anonymity
for families and individuals short of fresh food.
Chefs Serving Abundance
To Homes and Businesses
From Carneros to Kenwood
Menu for the Week of:
September 13, 2020
- Golden Lentil & Roasted Vegetable Soup 1 Qt. $15.00 (GF & V)
- Roasted Cannard Tomato & Backyard Zucchini Basil Bake with Mozzarella, $20.00 (Veg & GF)
- Farro Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette, 1 Pint. $10.00 (V)
- Smoked Willie Bird Turkey Salad with Cranberries, 1 Pint, $20.00 (GF)
- Farmer Landy Heiroom Tomato and Chef Made Mozzarella Salad, 1 Pintt. $15.00 (Veg & GF)
- Basil Arugula Pesto Pasta with Roasted Summer Vegetables, 1 Qt. $15.00 (V)
- Farmer Landy Tomato-Cucumber & Basil Gazpacho, Qt. $15.00 (Veg & GF)
- Quinoa with Cannard Mint, Watmaugh Sautéd Corn and Tomatoes, 1 Qt. $15.00 (V)
- Watermelon, Olive & Feta Salad, 1 Qt. $15.00 (Veg)
- Three-Cheese Mac & Cheese with Delice de la Vallee, Manchego & Organic Pastures Cheddar, 1 Qt. $15.00 (Veg) 1 Pt. $8.00
- Buratta with Basil Pesto, $10.00 (GF/Veg)
- Buratta with Arugula Walnut Pesto, $10.00 (GF/Veg)
- Buratta with Sweet Red Pepper Relish, $10.00 (GF/Veg)
- Artisan Cheese Board, 3 artisan cheeses, Zoe's Salami, Dry Cured Olives & Crostini, Serves 2-4. $35.00
- Coconut Chia Parfait $10.00 Pt.
- House-made Saffron Honey, $20 per unit
V=Vegan. Veg=Vegetarian. GF=Gluten Free
TEAS AND TISANE (V)
All teas are 1 Qt, $7.00 each
- Sweet Strawberry Tea
- Sweet Cherry Tea
- Sweet Strawberry Peach Tea
TAPENADES AND PESTOS
All items are 8 oz & $10.00
- Walnut Arugula Pesto
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Dijon Vinaigrette
- Saffron Vanilla Honey
- Sweet Red Pepper Relish
- James Cannard Basil Pesto
- Backyard Meyer Lemon Mint Pesto
- Arugula & Kalamata Olive Tapenade
- Kalamata Olive & Sun Dried Tomato
- Wild Arugula & Garlic Pesto
- Roasted Red Pepper & Oregano Tapenade
- Artichoke Heart, Green Olive & Capers
- Fig & Olive Tapenade
- Raspberry Rose Petal Jam
- Orange Blossom Marmalade
- Blackberry Pomegranate Jam
All tapenenades, pestos, jams and sauces are
Veg, V & GF unless cheese or dairy is listed.
All are nut free, unless nuts are listed.
Due to the recent fire activity, some produce availability is subject to change.
For recipe suggestions email us!
CHEESE, 8 oz, $10.00 each
- Delice de la Vallee, blended with Spread Cumin Spices
- Creme de Fromage with Zaatar & Meyer Lemon
- Delice de la Vallee with Tall Grass Olive Oil,
- Creme de Fromage, blended with Sweet Peppers
- Creme de Fromage with Peach Strawberry Puree
- Lucy, goat milk Brie
- Delice de la Vallee
- Creme de Fromage
- Custom Cheese boards available for 2-10, please inquire. We can personalize your cheese boards, meats, olives, dried fruits, fresh fruits and more.
- Wholesale available for Delice de la Vallee and Creme de Fromage, please email Sheana Davis for additional details.
Above: A Cherry Tisane Spritzer, New Batter Bakery Cookies, and Sheana preparing this week's Three-Cheese Mac & Cheese!
Above: A fresh batch of Tomato-Cucumber Basil Gazpacho, Farm-fresh Veggie Pasta eager for pesto, a snapshot of our Landcasper produce bounty, our house-made Saffron Honey, and Chia-coconut parfaits as a sweet treat this week.
Cheesemaking Basket, 1 pack each Chevre, Creme Fraiche & Fromage Blanc Cultures, Cheese Cloth, Cheese Ladle, Recipe Card and Cheese Trail Map, $50.00
Cheesemaking Supplies: Chèvre Cultures, Creme Fraiche Cultures, Fromage Blanc Cultures, Vegetable Rennet, Cheese Ladles and Cheeseclothes. $10 each- recipes included.
- Serres Ranch Blueberry Jam, $10.00 per jar
- Tallgrass Ranch Olive Oil, $25.00
- Batter Bakery Shortbreads, Sweet and Savory, Lavender Sea Salt, Manchego Cornmeal & Chocolate Chip. $10.00
- Riso Arborio Rice, 2.2#, $10.00
- Chico Organic Brown Rice, 30 oz, $10.00
- Caprice Wafer Rolls with Hazelnut Chocolate Filling, $10.00
- Kosher Midget Pickles, 24 oz jar, $5.00 per jar
- Ponte D’ Oro Oil Cured Moroccan Olives, 1#, #10.00
Italian Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil, 7.5 oz. $10.00
- The Epicurean Connection's Balsamic Vinegar, $15.00
- Mother of Vinegar & recipe to grow your own vinegar, $10.00
- Rancho Gordo "Gay Caballero" Hot Sauce
- Togarashi Chili Flake, 3 Oz, $7 (Out of Stock until Thursday 9/17)
- Dried Chili in Oil with Garlic, 3 Oz, $7 (Out of Stock until Thursday 9/17)
- Spread Catering Co. Cumin Spice Mix, $10 each
- Italian Amaretti Italian Biscuits, $5.00
- Fogliani Pizzelle, Vanilla or Chocolate or Anise, 5 oz Bags, $5.00
- Rancho Gordo Popcorn, 16 oz, $8.00
- Rancho Gordo Wild Rice, 16 oz, $10.00
- Dry Beans & Legumes: Black Eyed Peas, Kidney Beans, Golden Lentils, & Green Lentils. 12oz/$4.00 and 24 oz/$8.00
- Prohibition Spirits Hand Sanitizer, local, $15.00
- Handmade Cotton Face Masks, $15.00 each
- Bamboo Plates and Flatware for 10, Re-usable & Biodegradable, $15.00 a set
More to come! Enjoy.
Each week a new menu/newsletter will be emailed out Sunday evening with deliveries made on Wednesdays
between 12:00-4:00 PM.
Delivery minimum of $30.00.
Deliveries made from
Glen Ellen to Carneros.
Napa deliveries upon request; meet at Boon Fly Cafe on
Thursday afternoons. Please email for scheduling and further details!
To place an order
or ask about the menu,
with no contact necessary.
via Venmo @Sheana-Davis
Cash or Check, too.
All of our staff are Food Handler Certified, and our team follows SIP COVID-19 food handling requirements, according to the
Upcoming Cheese Chats:
10/1 Tracey Shepos, Chef & Cheesemonger at Kendall Jackson Estate.
Private, Zoom group classes are now available and hosted by
Please email Sheana Davis for information.
Our warehouse is now open for retail and prepared food pickup every
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Find our fresh cheeses, weekly prepared foods, featured charcuterie, grocery products, cheesemaking supplies, and more items here! Please inquire with any questions and we will hope to see you there!
19678 8th Street
Sonoma, CA. 95476
We are providing spare masks and hand sanitizer, as well as socially distanced seating accommodations. The tables were created by our neighbors at Pinocchio Furniture!
Please join us for a fun art show by Jonny and Jenny on October 10th!
They are high school sweethearts out of Petaluma who each produce incredible art and are dear to us here are The Epicurean Connection. Jonny will display his paintings and Jenny will have her ceramics available for viewing and purchasing!
Complimentary coffee will be available with wine barrels and tables placed at 6 feet apart minimum.
We are proud to support some of our local farmers: "Landy" Landcasper Farm,
James Cannard Farm,
The Patch & Watmaugh Farm.
We are steadily expanding our retail section. All items available for deliveries as well.
New Batter Bakery
Cookies are delicous! We have sweet and savory shortbreads now available.
We now carry Brown Rice, Wild Rice & Arborio Rice. Enjoy these pantry staples!
Garlic, hot chili in oil. Great for stews and stir fry!
Sheana and Karina have been sourcing unique new items to add to our pantry. Stop by and check out some of the new products!
We hope you all are staying well-fed, safe and vigilant. Please always feel free to call or email with any questions or suggestions for us.
– The Epicurean Connection Team
This past week we had a very generous sponsor and are proud to have been able to donate 150 spare meals in Sonoma Valley!
All of our food is fresh from the farm and prepared in a commercial, licensed kitchen.
We are extending a huge thank you to these donors and will be offering the same service this week. Please forward our contact information if you know of a family in need of food, or drop a note in the mail to:
You are welcome to sponsor a meal for a family or individual in need.
$25.00 or any amount will go directly towards feeding members of our community.
Rock The Vote
We are honored to be part of the Sonoma Community Center, as we prepare our menu items weekly in the certified commercial kitchen.
World Central Kitchen
The Epicurean Connection is proud to support World Central Kitchen. This is an amazing global organization feeding many people, including many in Sonoma County during last years wild fires. We have had the opportunity to volunteer and it is an amazing experience.
We are grateful and proud to work with our local producers, including the following businesses:
Landy Landcasper Produce
James Cannard Produce
The Patch Produce
Sonoma Marin Produce
Relax & Eat Bread
Skippy's Egg Store
Steve Leonardi Italian Foods
Oz & Emily Robledo
Steiner's, Paul Spadaro
Redwood Credit Union,
Banking and Insurance
Fishman Supply, Mary Deely
Fleur Sauvage Chocolates
Our team at The Epicurean Connection would like to thank all of the Firefighters who have been working hard around the clock to protect our community.
Stony Point Pottery & Art by Jonny
IG: @stonypointpottery @theartofjonny
Created by Sheana Davis, The Epicurean Connection
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pound's chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 large white onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Sukang Paombong/Palm vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Pickling Spice Mix
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 bay leaf
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, then remove. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook until they soften and brown, about 6-8 minutes
Pour in vinegar and soy sauce, chili flakes, black pepper, and bay leaf. Add the browned chicken, and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.
Serve over steamed rice or boiled white potatoes.
Golden or Red Lentil Soup
Created by Sheana Davis, The Epicurean Connection
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chlil Flakes
- 16 ounces red or yellow lentils
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups baby spinach, julienned
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add the onions, celery and carrots and saute until soft and translucent, approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring continuously.
Add the chopped garlic, turmeric and cumin and continue cooking for and addition 2 - 3 minutes more.
Stir in the lentils, add the broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered on low for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Remove from heat.
Toss in parsley, spinach and stir in lemon juice and serve. Enjoy!
The Epicurean Connection | 707-235-9530 | P.O. Box 1916 Sonoma CA 95476|
19678 8th Street East, Sonoma CA. 95476