Please congratulate the Indian Hills Academic Decathlon team for winning Second Place at this weekend’s Region II Competition, and for advancing to the State Finals on March 4!
Competing on our Regular Team, and winning First Place in the Super Quiz event, were: Cece Dadarwala, our team captain, Alexandra Mazur, our assistant captain, Kylee Kublin, Catherine Carpenter, Aayush Parekh, Ian Wuensch, Ethan Bar-Nadav, and Andrew Jabaly.
Competing as Alternates were: Christine Peng, Raina Saini, Deana Syrneva, Emma Graffanino, Stephany Baik, James Sabino, Thomas Wuensch, Sabrina Adams, and Carolina Viera.
The Team was coached by Mr. Paravati and Mr. Murphy.
For the Honors Division:
- Cece Dadarwala won silver medals for speech and interview, a bronze for literature, and an honorable mention for art.
- Alexandra Mazur won gold medals in art and literature, silver medals in music and social science, and a bronze medal for economics. She was also the second highest scorer in the region in the Honors Division.
For the Scholastic Division:
- Catherine Carpenter won a bronze medal for interview.
- Aayush Parekh won a gold medal for speech and a bronze medal for economics. Aayush’s speech was also the highest scoring speech in Region II.
- Ian Wuensch won a bronze medal for literature.
For the Varsity Division:
- Ethan Bar-Nadav won silver medals in economics, music, and interview. Ethan was the third highest scorer in the region in the Varsity Division.
- Andrew Jabaly won a gold medal in interview, and bronze medals in art and math.
The scoring for Alternates was not completed in time for the dinner, but we will share them when they become available!
Our sincere thanks to the IH faculty who helped students with their interviews and volunteered at the competition!
Please join us at Westwood Regional High School to support the team as we compete in the State Finals on March 4! Thank you for your support!