Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Update Meeting
Join MDE on Monday, September 24 at 6 p.m. for an ESSA public update!
The first full year of ESSA implementation has begun, but there is still work to do! Please come for an ESSA stakeholder meeting, which will include:
* A brief overview of 2018 accountability results.
* An opportunity to provide feedback on school identification and recognition.
* A kickoff of phase 3 of stakeholder engagement, focused on fiscal transparency reporting.
Meetings will be held in Rooms 15-16, Conference Center B at the Minnesota Department of Education office in Roseville. The event is free, but you are asked to
Senate Education Policy -- Special Education C
9 a.m. Tuesday, September 25, at the Minnesota Senate Building (Room 1150) in St. Paul
(1) Identification process for special education services.
(2) Individualized Education Plan (IEP) process.
* If you would like to testify regarding the IEP or identification process, please email Jonathan Boesche at
no later than 3 p.m. on September 24. Public testimony will be limited to 4 minutes per person.
Advocacy Tour Meetings
Please join MSBA's Government Relations and Management Services teams at one of our upcoming Advocacy Tours this week. Walk-ins are welcome!
5:30 p.m. Tuesday, September 18, 2018
CLOQUET | Cloquet Public Schools (Board Room, second floor), 302 14th Street, Cloquet
SARTELL | Resource Training & Solutions (Quest/Endeavor Room), 137 23rd Street South, Sartell
5:30 p.m. Wednesday, September 19, 2018
ST. PETER | Minnesota School Boards Association (Large Conference Room), 1900 West Jefferson Avenue, St. Peter
WILLMAR | Willmar Public Schools (WEAC Rehearsal Hall), 611 5th Street SW, Willmar
5:30 p.m. Thursday, September 20, 2018
| Kutzky Market (Pantry Room), 1001 6th Street NW, Rochester
| Lakes Country Service Cooperative (Conference Center), 1001 East Mount Faith Avenue, Fergus Falls