- Griefshare is a group that provides help and encouragement after the death of a loved one. The group will be meeting Mondays, February 3 - April 27 from 6-8 pm in Rooms 1 & 2. $15 workbook fee Sign up online at griefshare.org.
Nancy Kleinsmith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Inua Prayer Partner Signup
- Join us as we partner with Inua, a UMC ministry in Kenya serving 18-22 year olds that gives them life and vocational skills. We need Prayer Partners to choose a student to pray for and write to over the course of their two year training. Email Kris to choose your student!
Kris Smith, email@example.com
- The group will meet Thursday, February 6 at 1 pm to write cards to shut ins and others.
Pam Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Spaghetti Dinner - Boy Scout Troop 468 (sponsored by First United) will have their annual spaghett
i dinner fundraiser on Saturday, February 8 in the Social Hall fro
m 4-7 pm. Adult tickets are $7, kids’ tickets (3-11) are $4, and kids under 3 eat free! Additionally, police, firefighters and religious leaders eat free with ID. Advance tickets are available from Scouts, or contact Suzanne at email@example.com for large group reservations. All proceeds directly support Troop 468’s activities and equipment.
Bob Reid, firstname.lastname@example.org
Faithful Expressions Workshop -
This workshop will help you consider the many ways in which you can ensure the gifts God has given you will continue supporting those you love and the ministries you value long into the future. Join us in the Multi-Purpose Room on Sunday, February 9 at 12:30 pm. The workshop will promote the Endowment Fund and provide financial, legal, and funeral planning tips. Lunch is provided, but space is limited to 25.
Sign up & more info:
Brett Robinson, email@example.com
- Join us on Tuesday, February 11 at 7 pm at Fletcher's Irish Pub for lively discussions about things that are "too taboo for church." See you there!
Older, Wiser, Loving Seniors
- The OWLS will meet for a potluck lunch on Thursday, February 13 at noon in the Social Hall. Holly Van Hoose will talk about the "A-Team" ministry.
Nancy Town, firstname.lastname@example.org
Warm Spirits - The group will meet to knit and crochet on Friday, February 13 at 10 am in Room 3.
Judy Stillion, email@example.com
- This is a Rooted Student Ministry event and the weekend will be a choose-your-own-adventure, where students will group up and choose where they want to go and have fun in Tampa. The trip will be from 5:30 pm Friday, February 14 to Sunday, February 16. We will talk about how relationships are a choice and the students story is still in progress, not complete. Cost: $75/student.
Micah Keech, firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover First United Dinner - Are you new to First United? We want to get to know you! Join us on Wednesday, February 19 at 6:30 pm to Discover First United! We'll have dinner at Pastor Scott and
Kris Smith's home. You can meet the staff, learn more about the church and we can answer your questions. Space is limited to the first 15 that sign up. RSVP by email or at Guest Services!
Terri Lynch, email@example.com.
New Member Class
- Ready to tak
e the next step? Our new member class starts Sunday, February 23. We'll meet for 5 weeks from 10:15 am - 11:15 am. Come meet new friends and learn what makes First United a place and a space to connect with God and each other! Sign up online or at the Guest Services desk.
Warren Willis Camp
- 3rd-12th graders are invited to join us this summer for an over-the-top sleepover camp, June 22-27. (Week 3) Registration is open and fills up quickly - sign up now! For questions and scholarship requests, please Caitlin Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org or Micah Keech at email@example.com. While you're at it, go ahead and mark these upcoming events into your calendar:
- Easter Egg Hunt - April 5
- Kid’s Adventure Week (VBS) - June 8 - 12
- Warren Willis Camp - June 22 - 27