“Our hearts are restless until they find their rest in you.”
— St. Augustine
On January 3, 2021, Saint Rose, in conjunction with the Diocese of Toledo, will be promoting and featuring a 7 week program called The Search. Each episode will encourage us to reflect on things like; "What do you Seek?", “What is our Story”, "Why a God?", "Am I Saved?", “Who are you?”, “Who is Jesus?”, “Why a Church?”
These programs are focused on helping us reconnect with our family, friends, classmates, other parishioners and Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Do any of these situations or stories sound familiar?
- You get the big promotion, but it doesn’t make you happy for more than a day or two.
- You buy the fancy car, but the thrill is over by the time you pull into the garage.
- Your team wins the Super Bowl… and all you have to show for it was an expensive jersey with someone else’s name on it.
- The things we expect to fulfill us don’t…
- Why is life this way?
- Why are we here? Not just here in these bodies on this planet and in this year. But why do we exist?
- Why are we filled with longing?
The Search is a multi-part video based spiritual experience from the producers of the FORMED online platform many of us use for faith formation at Saint Rose Parish. The productions are beautiful; none of this rec room or fake library feeling to it.
If your faith is already solid, The Search will help you to deepen it.
If you’re feeling unsure, it’s for you too.
If you’re worried about your children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews it’s a great series for you to share with them.
The Search proclaims the Gospel in words that modern ears are ready to hear and images that modern eyes can’t help but see and remember. The Search features scientists, artists, philosophers, and other people from all walks of life proclaiming how their searches for meaning in life led them to Jesus and the Gospel. There’s nothing quite like it in the Catholic world.
The well-known Catholic evangelist Chris Stefanick hosts The Search. But The Search is not meant just to be watched . . . and it’s certainly not meant to be watched alone. That’s why we are beginning to form small groups – both in-person and virtual – to watch, discuss, and truly benefit and grow from experiencing The Search.
If you are thinking about having your baby Baptized, a child in the 2nd grade preparing for 1st Communion and Reconciliation FORMED has easy to understand programming just for you and your child.
Do you still need to sign up for FORMED? Simply follow the steps below, it's free!
2. Click Sign Up
3. Select "I Belong to a Parish or Organization"
4. Find your parish by name or zip (St Rose of Lima or 43551)
5. Enter your email - and you're in!