Greetings, HUMC Family!
We want to ask your opinion as to when we should resume worship services inside our Worship Center. As many of you know, we have had great success with our drive-in services and feel these have been received well. However, with warmer temperatures, we want to make preparation for when it is time to come inside.
A task force has been meeting for several weeks in preparation for this reopening. We are preparing and making changes as follows:
- We will take your temperature upon entering.
- We will have a record of all who participate in these worship services for contact tracing.
- We will strongly encourage mask wearing.
- We will eliminate "Passing the Peace" and "Passing the Plate." (We are installing offering lock boxes.)
- We will take reservations (RSVP) and align seats accordingly.
- We will have greeters to open doors to eliminate everyone touching door handles.
- We will train ushers/greeters.
- The Worship Center will be disinfected prior to and after worship.
- We will follow CDC guidelines for maximum capacity.
- We will use both entrances and foster physical distancing while entering and exiting. (Signage will be in place.)
Watch your "inbox." An email will follow shortly with a survey for you to complete. We are asking you to take this short survey to enable us to prepare accordingly. The earliest possible date for indoor worship is July 5, but we do not know if that date is feasible yet. This survey is critical, and it is important that you respond for everyone in your family.