It's our mission and we say it every week:
We equip each other for ministry, and we are sent to serve our neighbors.
God gives us a variety of gifts, talents, and abilities to use for the "common good" (1 Corinthians 12:7). They are like tools in a toolbox, designed to be in each of our hands and used to build the kingdom of God.
Our facilities are tools to be used in doing the ministry of Christ. Tools are meant to be maintained, well oiled, sharpened, and cared for so they are ready for use. They help us to equip and serve each other and our neighbors. As Pastor Potter has said: Our outsides are starting to reflect our insides in a positive way!
- Landscaping has been kicked up a notch, clearing weeds and overgrowth as well as getting rid of dead wood and decay.
- Old planters outside of Katie Luther Chapel that have outlived their usefulness have been sledgehammered away.
- The exterior of the Zion offices, Katie Luther Chapel and Evergreen Academy of Zion has been pressure washed, patched, sealed, and given a fresh coat of paint.
- New efficient, brighter lights are being installed in the walkway around the offices and preschool, replacing the old, rusted out ones.
By tending to our facilities, we are ensuring that they are here to support our ministries today and into the next generation.
The success of some of these projects (and others to come) depends on generosity over and above regular giving. A wish list is being developed for expenses not covered by the yearly operating budget. This is another way members and friends of Zion can be a part of our mission and ministry as we step forward into the future.
A few examples from our Wish List:
- Wi-fi Infrastructure for Katie Luther Chapel and the Sanctuary for livestreaming and Zoom meetings for Bible study, worship, Confirmation classes, and more: $728.50 for Katie Luther Chapel and $728.50 for the Sanctuary
- 36 LED lights and fixtures for office/preschool walkways: $30 each
- Paint for the sidewalk in front of the offices, preschool entrance, boardroom, and Katie Luther Chapel for an inviting look: $500
: Once the lighting and painting projects are completed for the office building, Evergreen Academy, and Katie Luther Chapel, similar projects will begin for the Church Sanctuary.)
These wish list items provide us with new and renewed tools to offer welcome, safety, and a sign that we are an active part of the neighborhood and community.
A more expanded wish list will be appearing soon on the Zion website. Your donations are tax-deductible and can be done with the Give Online button or by mail.
for your generosity of all kinds: treasure, talent, time, and prayers!
Things are happening thanks to you; to our God-given gifts, talents, and abilities; and to our willingness to share them to
invite, equip, and serve at Zion