COTS is a regional trauma organization and healthcare coalition for 37 of Ohio’s 88 counties. One of its top priorities is to ensure healthcare professionals are trained to respond to and recover from real-world, no-notice events such as trauma, medical emergencies, and disasters.
COTS staff organize several education courses for partner hospitals and first responder partners. This centralized education allows expert instructors to collaborate, provide evidenced-based training, and share their knowledge across institutions and disciplines. COTS believes this to be an effective way to educate current and future healthcare providers.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support – COTS is one of the busiest ATLS franchises in the US, offering more than 25 courses per-year. Students come from 21 states and two countries to take a COTS-hosted ATLS courses.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
- Disaster Management Emergency Preparedness Course
- Trauma in the 1st 48 Hours
In addition to the courses listed above, COTS organizes patient care case reviews, interesting hot topics, and after-action reviews of real-world events. These formats allow our partners to stay abreast of new literature and to share lessons learned.