Newberry Child Development Center (CDC)
Bus Driver: PT minimum 2 hours a day (12.00) an hour
· Education: a high school diploma
- Clean driving record
- Experience: 6 months
- Pass DSS background check
- TB shot
Teacher Assistant: hours varies pay starts 9.50
The duties and responsibilities of the Teacher Assistant vary depending on the level of education. The Teacher Assistant is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functionality as well as supporting the emotional wellbeing of the students. Other duties include:
- Implementing the Teacher’s lesson plans and maintaining daily classroom schedules
- Supporting each child’s social, emotional and intellectual growth and development
- Ensuring the wellbeing and safety of children at all times
- Using a variety of instructional and assessment strategies, as directed by the Teacher, to meet individual student needs
- Assisting students with assignments or difficult concepts
- Maintaining communication with parents, staff and faculty regarding the progress of students
Teacher: hours varies, pay starts 10.00
To plan, supervise, and implement curriculum in assigned classroom.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the program (curriculum) for the class in accordance with policies and philosophy of Center.
- Develop and write lesson plans to be turned in at least one week in advance to
3) Assist children in making choices for themselves, in speaking for themselves
and in building self-esteem by incorporating Conscious Discipline.
- Adhere to all SC DSS Childcare Licensing, Office of Head Start, ABC Quality, and Thornwell Child Development Center policies and procedures.
- Complete all required documentation, assessments, home visits, and parent conferences as outlined by the Head Start Performance Standards.
6) Assume responsibility for general housekeeping of classroom and bathrooms.
7) Participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses and other
aspects of professional growth; will be responsible for 15 contact hours each
- Participate in weekly planning sessions with teaching partner to discuss, plan and create individualized lesson plans for each child in the classroom.
- Conduct parent conferences in the Fall and Spring of each year and any other time during year that is needed on children’s school adjustment, classroom behavior and development levels.
10) Assist in the ongoing evaluation procedures needed to assess the development levels of children.
11) Keep Director informed of accidents, illnesses, suspicious marks on children’s bodies and questionable behavior of children in classroom while maintaining confidentiality.
- Inform Director of needed supplies at least one week in advance.
- Communicate with parents using the provided daily comments form, weekly newsletter, and planning calendar.
- Handle discipline in accordance with Center’s policies.
15) Provide folder with alternate lesson plans and helpful information for substitutes.
16) Assist the Director in keeping accurate records on all children.
17) Perform any other duties assigned by the Director – Child Development Center.
Works in classroom setting. Uses office equipment including computers. May stand for extended periods of time. Required to walk around the classroom to provide adequate supervision of children. Outdoor play time is required daily. Must maintain required teacher/child ratios at all times.
- Skilled in classroom management.
- Skilled teacher and oral communicator.
- Communicates well through writing.
- Able to communicate feedback in a supportive, positive way.
- Able to prioritize and organize one’s time and responsibilities in order to complete required tasks in a timely manner.
Kitchen Assistant pt 20 hours week 12.00 hour
Wash dishes, keep kitchen clean
Pick up milk deliveries/groceries
Do training hours on CACFP guidelines
Keep refrigerators clean
Keep food labeled
Help keep floors mopped and bathrooms clean