Dear LFS Families,
By now I'm hoping you've seen my letter from yesterday with the DL schedule and other key details about our distance learning program. While teaching remotely is not our first choice, we feel good about the revisions we've made to our DL program--and good overall about what we can accomplish with children even in DL mode.
We also believe that our partnership with parents becomes even more critical in DL mode, and so we'll continue to seek your input. Throughout the coming weeks, I will continue to offer virtual coffees every Friday morning at 8:15AM. Here's the Zoom link. I welcome any comments or questions, or even just the opportunity to get to know parents better and to learn about your families through these coffees. Please also feel free to reach out to me via phone or email with any thoughts or questions.
Mostly, I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Break. I hope that even during this odd and unsettling year, your family can experience a sense of gratitude and joy over the coming days. I feel grateful to be part of the LFS community, and for the opportunity to know your children, to be in partnership with you, and to work closely with our supremely dedicated faculty and staff members. Their work through this pandemic has been nothing short of heroic in my view.
Stay safe, and I look forward to seeing you on the screen and/or when coming by to drop off or pick up your children for the upcoming outdoor sessions.
p.s. As a reminder, here's the plan for the coming days:
- November 23 & 24: No School (time for teachers to prepare for the transition back to DL)
- November 25, 26, & 27: No School for Thanksgiving Break
- November 30: No School (planned report writing day for teachers)
- December 1-4: First days of DL for all students (Grades Pre-K to 6)
- December 7-11: Continued DL
- December 14-18: Continued DL
- December 21 to January 1: No School for Winter Break
- January 4-11: Continued DL (reassess ability to return Pre-K students sooner)
- January 11-15: Continued DL
- January 19: Reassess DL versus RTC (for some or all students)