Top originators in the commercial equipment finance and leasing industry do not only react to new opportunities; they aggressively create new opportunities every day. In today's economic environment, top originators are busy building new relationships, exploring new channels, and creating new paths to success.
- Success comes from interacting with qualified customers.
- Success is derived from asking for referrals.
- Success is a result of finding long-term customers that will fund multiple transactions (schedules) over the coming year.
- Success means knowing your position in the market and aggressively pursuing transactions that can be approved and funded.
- Success is an attitude, a passion, a confident presentation.
- Success is the ability to create new opportunities by fully understanding the needs of vendors and end-users.
- Success is created. Success is earned.
An originator recently explained how he is working smarter, longer, and harder than ever. He is measuring different aspects of his daily activity. He knows that he cannot only rely on his past relationships; but must focus on building relationships for the future. He is creating new relationships with a focus on the future. His efforts are paying off. His year-to-date production exceeds his numbers from last year. Success is plentiful in the industry for those who are willing to create their own success.
Survive - Thrive - Lead
This "Sales Tip" is provided by Wheeler Business Consulting.
Comments, questions and suggestions regarding
weekly tips are welcome.