A Perfect Transaction
Top originators know their position in the market and focus all of their time and energy on those transactions that can be won and funded. They are unapologetic about their products and their capabilities. They don't get caught in the trap of attracting transactions within the lowest quartile of their capabilities. They fight to win transactions with the greatest potential.
- Top originators know the attributes of their perfect transaction.
- Top originators solicit relationships which can produce their perfect transaction.
- Top originators can articulate in very simple terms the process required to win and fund their perfect transaction.
- Top originators don't waste their valuable time on transactions which don't match the criteria of their perfect transaction.
- Top originators know that anyone can find a transaction. However, incomes are maximized by defining, soliciting, winning, and funding the perfect transaction. It takes real talent, commitment and diligence to find the "right" transaction.
What is your perfect transaction?
The difference between average originators and top producing originators is their ability to answer the above question easily and consistently. The answer should not fluctuate between Monday and Friday, or between a conversation with an end-user in the morning and a vendor in the afternoon. Your perfect transaction must be well defined and consistent.
Define, Solicit, and Win
This "Sales Tip" is provided by Wheeler Business Consulting.
Comments, questions and suggestions regarding
weekly tips are welcome.