We have public health rules in place across campus and in your Cyclone Home for a reason. If you choose not to follow them, you're putting our community at risk and jeopardizing our chances for successfully completing the fall semester. Here's a quick reminder of the rules:
You are REQUIRED to wear a
- In all common areas outside of your room/apartment, even if no one else is present.
- Outside if you aren’t maintaining a six-foot distance from your friends.
- Residence Halls: in bathrooms – when you’re not in the shower or brushing your teeth – even if no one is present.
You are NOT REQUIRED to wear a face covering:
- Inside your room/apartment
- Residence Halls: When you are in the shower or brushing your teeth
Residents are permitted one guest per resident at any one time in their room/apartment. Guests are only allowed with the permission of other roommates. See full policy here.
Overnight guests are not permitted unless another roommate is not spending the night. All overnight guests must be given permission by the other roommates in advance. See full policy here.
- Large gatherings of students are not permitted per the policy stated above.
What happens if you don't follow the rules? Your contract may be cancelled.
If you're documented multiple times for not following the health and safety rules in place regarding face coverings and large gatherings and/or not complying with the directives of Department of Residence staff, you may have your housing contract cancelled. If your housing/dining contract is cancelled, you'll forfeit your prepayment and be charged the cancellation penalty for housing and dining (if you opt not to retain your meal plan).
Let's do this together and follow the rules designed to protect the health of our on-campus community!