Embracing Entrepreneurship via the Ice House
Choice. Opportunity. Action. Knowledge. Wealth.
Brand. Community. Persistence.
These elements lay the foundation for business success. During eight weekly sessions, participants will layer practical skills with these entrepreneurial characteristics. John Addessi from the Small Business Development Center at Johnson County Community College will guide participants through the framework, discussing both the mindset needed to be successful and the practical tools to make it possible.
Sessions begin Jan. 27 and continue each Thursday evening through March 17. Virtual and in-person options are available. Meals are included in the price for in-person participants.
The course is valued at $379. However, it is being offered for $279. Persons who live or operate their business in Anderson, Franklin, Linn, Miami or Wyandotte counties qualify for additional rebates lowering the cost to $100.
Based on the book written by Pulitzer Prize nominated authors, Clifton Taulbert and Gary Schoeniger: Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons from an Unlikely Entrepreneur
In this interactive training, you will develop a deeper understanding of eight core concepts successful entrepreneurs share. You will engage in a mix of recorded presentations, small group and individual activities, discussions, and experiential learning.
Who Should Attend:
- People curious about becoming a business owner (How ready am I?)
- Those exploring business ownership (Can this idea work?)
- New business owners (Less than 2 years)
- Business owners who want to push the RESET Button on their business (How do I get to the next level?)
Participants attending virtually must have access to a reliable Internet connection and must agree to attend and participate in all eight sessions.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the research, social psychology, and behavioral science behind an entrepreneurial mindset and why it works!
- Develop entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills that serve you well in both business and your personal development.
- Overcome self-limiting beliefs and how to persist through challenges and self-doubt.
- Explore your idea or current business practices and discover how to transform them into a sustainable success.
- How to build a network of support from real-world entrepreneurs and other community resources.
Why You Should Attend:
While it’s important to have business skills, they are of little use if you have the wrong mindset. Research has proven that successful entrepreneurs come from every possible background and demographic profile, but they all have certain attributes in common… seeing and assessing opportunities, making plans (but learning and adapting as necessary), accepting calculated risks, taking action and persevering. Just as you can learn the skills to start and manage a business, you can learn new perspectives and approaches to improve your odds of success. Click here to register.