Dear OMC Community, Next week we will be celebrating Catholic Schools Week. I feel that while this school has been challenging thus far, it has been a blessing to attend a Catholic School. We have been able to address the pandemic in a way that is safe and that makes sense for us. Our faith has also strengthened us and helped us to look for ways to serve each other and the broader community. On the following two pages you will find various ways to celebrate CSW. The first list includes activities that can be completed by your family any time during the week. It is a choose your own adventure. I hope your family will use the activities to have fun, learn, and celebrate. The second page has activities that will be completed during the school day. Each day the students can dress down with the theme for that day. We hope that each student and family will be able to celebrate CSW in some way.
Sincerely, Paul Cillo School Minister
At Home Activities (Can be completed anytime during the week) Celebrating your Parish:
● Attend Mass in Uniform the weekend CSW starts to show off your school pride. ● Join the live Rosary on Sunday at 5:00pm (or watch the recording). Pray for our parish and school. Celebrating your Community:
● Go for a trash pick up around your house. Take a pic of the trash you cleaned up.
● Support a local business by shopping local or ordering food from a nearby restaurant. Celebrating your Students:
● Have a special treat to celebrate the students in your family. Celebrating your Nation:
● Have an ethnic or cultural meal from your family’s ancestry
● With your family, see how many places in the U.S. you have visited. Celebrating your Vocations:
● Research and learn about a religious order.
● As a family pray for married couples, priests, sisters, brothers, and deacons. Celebrating your Faculty and Staff:
● Record a video or make cards for a teacher that has impacted you! Celebrating your Families:
● Share a family photo
● Have a family movie or game night
● See how many family members went to a Catholic School In School/ During School Activities MONDAY: Celebrating Your Community
● Philly/Chestnut Hill/OMC dress down day
● Students learn about the History of OMC (Make skits or something similar) TUESDAY: Celebrating Your Students
● Eighth grade high school dress down, if not in eighth grade, wear whatever you choose
● Teacher planned activities for their class.
● Free Ice cream for students at school WEDNESDAY: Celebrating the Nation
● Red, white, and blue or your culture dress down day
● Door Decorating Contest (a Nation from our School) THURSDAY: Celebrating Vocations
● Twin dress down day
● Mystery Saint Guessing game
● Catholic Charades game
● Make Cards for Parents, Sisters, Priests, Deacons FRIDAY: Celebrating Faculty, Staff, and Volunteers
● Dress like a teacher
● Make cards/poster for teachers and faculty