We are grateful for the support that enables us to serve lunch at the Emmanuel Dining Room and provide needed clothing and food for those being served at the Hope Center.
EMMANUEL DINING ROOM
Providing a daily lunch to those in need in Wilmington
Our next date for providing lunch for Emmanuel Dining Room will be Sunday, December 31st, 2021. We continue to deliver our lunch items and extra bottles of water. We hope we will be able to actually serve our guests in the dining room sometime this fall.
New Castle County HOPE Center
for Individuals and Families in need of temporary housing and support services.
What started as temporary housing during the cold weather of 2020-2021 has grown into a permanent center that provides housing and support services for individuals and families who are without adequate housing in New Castle County.
New Castle County (NCC) purchased the former Sheraton Hotel on Airport Rd (now named the New Castle County HOPE Center) and kept the hotel management staff to keep the facility running.
Working together, many non-profit organizations including Family Promise provide various services and support for individuals and families to obtain emergency and more significant housing and medical, psychological, and job skills opportunities as well.
The hotel can accommodate 400 and suites and adjoining rooms are given to families and enable households to stay together. Housing is coordinated through the Delaware Housing Alliance.
If you know of anyone who needs this housing, please ask them to call 1-833-FIND-BED (1-833-3463-233) and leave a message.
How St. James' can help:
Review the list below and see if there are items you could provide.
Drop the items off:
· Monday-Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the parish hall porch
Please place your donations in the bin labeled Donations for HOPE Center on the porch of the parish hall. Liz will bring in the bin and any donated items at 12:30 p.m.
· Weekly, we will take the donations to Friendship House
- Diapers - all sizes - Urgent need for size 5 & 6
- Uber/Lyft Tickets in $25 increments
- Washable Mesh Laundry Bags with drawstring
- individual size creamers for coffee
- Snack bags - pretzels, chips, or goldfish
- Powdered Drink Mixes - Iced Tea/Lemonade
- Small containers of peanut butter and tuna fish (easy open)
- Microwaveable one-dish meals
- Quart size/ Gallon size and sandwich size Ziplock bags
- Fruit cups, apple sauce, and pudding
- Individually wrapped crackers, granola bars, and cereal bars
- $5 gift cards - Target, Acme, Wawa
- Hot Chocolate mix
- Baby wipes
- Non-alcohol hand sanitizer
- Non-refrigerated milk and powdered milk
- NEW Underwear, and socks - all sizes, children through adult
- New or gently used t-shirts and light jackets
- New books for adults and children
- New puzzles, crossword books, and puzzle books - adult/children
- Art kits, adult and children coloring books, colored pencils
- Hygiene items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, and soap (regular and travel size)
- Tide pods or other laundry pods
- Containers of ground coffee (the staff brews coffee daily for the guests)
St. James' Outreach Ministry