We are grateful for the support that enabled us to serve lunch at the Emmanuel Dining Room on March 31st and provide needed clothing and food for those being served at the Hope Center.
EMMANUEL DINING ROOM
Our next date for providing lunch for Emmanuel Dining Room will be Memorial Day, Monday May 31st. We continue to deliver our lunch items and extra bottles of water. We hope we will be able to actually serve our guests in the dining room sometime this summer or fall.
New Castle County HOPE Center
for Individuals and Families in need of temporary housing and support services
New Castle County purchased the former Sheraton Hotel on Airport Rd (now named the New Castle County HOPE Center) and Friendship House is running Code Purple programing out of this location to provide housing for individuals and families who are homeless this winter. The County retained the hotel management staff to keep the facility running.
What started as temporary housing during the cold weather has grown into a permanent center that provides housing and support services for individuals and families who are without adequate housing in New Castle County. Through many non-profit organizations coming together, they are working to obtain more significant housing for the individuals and families who come to the HOPE Center and offer medical, psychological, and job skills opportunities as well.
- The hotel can accommodate 400 and suites and adjoining rooms are given to families and enables households to stay together.
Housing is coordinated through the Delaware Housing Alliance.
- If you know of anyone who needs this housing, please ask them to call 1-833-FIND-BED (1-833-3463-233) and leave a message.
How St. James' can help:
· Review the list below and see if there are items you could provide.
· We continue to offer "contactless drop off" at the parish hall Monday-Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
· Please place your donations in the bin labeled Donations for HOPE Center - CODE PURPLE on the porch of the parish hall.
Liz will bring in the bin and any donated items at 1:30 p.m. Monday-Wednesday and we will take the donations to Friendship House at the end of each week.
· Hygiene items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste and soap (regular and travel size).
· Tide pods or other laundry pods
· Containers of ground coffee (the staff brews coffee daily for the guests)
· NEW socks and underwear
· New or gently used Sweaters, tee shirts, light jackets
St. James' Outreach Ministry