From Valerie Brunson:
The Family Promise Rotational Network is open again!!
For everyone’s safety during this pandemic, families will be housed at a motel. They will still receive all the same case management services they would have received previously, just not at the Day Center. Congregations are still needed to provide support in the form of evening meals, and other supplies, including breakfast and lunch.
The St. James host week starts the week of August 23. We will be looking for volunteers to supply dinner to our guest families. There are currently 2 families in the network, however that may change as we get closer to our host week. We will keep you updated as we know more. If you are interested, Dave Perry will be sending out an email shortly or you can contact him directly to sign up.
At this time, we are not looking for other donations. Breakfasts, lunches, and other supplies will be purchased after the coordinators have been in contact with the families to determine their needs.
If you would like to participate but do not feel comfortable venturing outside, monetary donations are always welcome and will be used to purchase breakfasts, lunches, and other supplies.
As always, many thanks to our volunteers. You are the reason we are able to do this worthwhile ministry. Every family we support gets us that much closer to ending family homelessness. Thank you for all you do.
Dinner Delivery Details-
· Families are staying at Extended Stay America 333 Continental Dr. Newark, DE 19713, located near Christiana Hospital.
· Each room is equipped with a refrigerator/freezer, microwave, two-burner cooktop, cookware and cabinets for food storage.
· Coin-op laundry is on site. You may choose to provide laundry detergent and/or quarters.
· Meal delivery should occur between 5:30-6:30 PM.
· Please separate meals and supplies by family.
o Families are staying in separate rooms, and may not be in proximity of each other.
· The evening meal may arrive hot or may be reheated (must be microwaveable as the cookware is limited).
· Please call the families when you have arrived on the Family Promise network phone.
o Family phone numbers and a network phone will be provided.
o Do not use your personal phone.
· Families will meet you outside, at the “Lobby” entrance.
o To keep distance, it is OK to ask families to get items from the trunk or back seat.
· The family should be there at drop-off.
o If the family is not there, items may be left at the front desk, but only if the family will be able to pick up within an hour.
o The Front desk does not have the capacity to keep hot/cold food at temperature, or the space to hold bags of groceries.