March 24, 2020
Dear Family Members and Responsible Parties,
We want to share more information with you about the confirmed case of COVID-19 at Weinberg Campus and assure you that we are taking every precaution to keep everyone safe.
The individual who tested positive for the Coronavirus, COVID-19 is an assisted living resident from Dosberg Manor. The individual was sent to the hospital from Dosberg Manor on March 9
and was transferred from the hospital to our Rosa Coplon Rehabilitation Unit on March 17
. The individual was sent back to the hospital on March 18
, and remains in the hospital. We were notified of the positive test result on March 20
We are working around the clock to ensure the safety and well-being of our entire Weinberg Campus community to prevent the spread of the virus.
In addition to extensive cleaning & hygiene measures already in place, Weinberg Campus continues to implement the following steps:
- In compliance with the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), no outside visitors are permitted. Only employees and essential healthcare providers are allowed in the building.
- Anyone who enters the building receives health screenings. Screening includes a temperature check and completion of a NYSDOH questionnaire about risk factors.
- Employees are required to wear masks at all times.
- All assisted living residents at a minimum are screened daily for signs and symptoms of the virus. Any resident living in our nursing home, Rosa Coplon Living Center, is screened every eight hours.
- Following the CDC and NYSDOH guidelines, our staff will implement the appropriate isolation procedures for any resident who exhibits respiratory symptoms.
We thank all of our employees for their dedication and vigilance during this challenging time. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.
Please stay safe and healthy,