The ISU Test Center has engaged with instructors on enhancements that could be made to our operations. We are excited to announce the use of RegisterBlast which adds efficiencies and creates a better user experience. To that end, we have also made some changes to our instructor use policies that we hope you will review before registering for your exams for this fall semester.
Our new software, RegisterBlast, is now available and must be enabled in Canvas to use. This is where you will submit exam requests AND where students will go to schedule their appointment with the test center once an exam request is approved. Information on this process can be found at the following links:
Instructor Submission Guide
Student Appointment Guide
A few other changes to note:
- We are no longer proctoring low-stakes exams (weekly check-in quizzes, reading quizzes, etc) – please only register for mid/high-stakes exams.
- Exams can be open anywhere from 2-5 days.
- Assessment length should be no longer than class length unless otherwise arranged.
- Assessment length should be appropriate for the exam with no added time built in.
Exams are approved on a 1st come, 1st served basis
- Final exams can be submitted but will not be approved at this time as we navigate our new system
- Some exams may not be approved due to center capacity issues and/or non-conformity to the instructor use policies
Please visit our new website: testcenter.iastate.edu, for the information you or your students may need related to the Test Center.