August 22, 2016
I hope all of you had a wonderful and relaxing summer - one that was filled with family, activities, laughter, and love!
The faculty and staff are excited to be back. In the weeks to come, you will get reacquainted with returning staff and get to know new staff. All of us spent this past week learning, praying, planning, and preparing for the year.
On Tuesday, the faculty and administration participated in our annual fall spiritual retreat. In one of the sessions we were broken up into small groups; the task was to reflect on sections of Corinthians 1:4-13 (you may be familiar with this Scripture passage, "Love is patient, and love is kind"). Our task was to discuss the assigned passage and what it means to us as educators when we engage with one another, students, and parents. Each group shared their section. The group I was in was assigned to "Love never fails". In a way, this encapsulates all we do as educators. As educators and your school partners:
- We won't fail our students when providing them the best education possible;
- We won't fail our students when showing our love for Jesus, our joy, and our respect and love for them, you as parents, and one another on staff;
- We want them to see Jesus in all people
- We won't fail our students when showing them how to be kind to others, the environment, and the less fortunate;
- We won't fail our students-we hold them by the hand.
Our school community came together to kick off the year is grand style at the Ice Cream Social. I was pleased with the excitement and enthusiasm shown by parents, students, and staff! The administration and teachers were excited to see all of you in the gym and in classrooms. A big thank you to PTSA for planning and orchestrating the pizza truck and popsicle treats! Fun was had by all!
God bless you and welcome back to school,
Dr. Carla Capstick
Blessed Sacrament Catholic School
"A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart!" - Anonymous